Wetsuit for True Size 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crbonet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a true size 14 in the department stores. Also tall and long waisted and heavier in the chest. Having trouble finding a good wetsuit fit. Legs are OK but I'm fining short in the trunk. I've tried on AquaLung, Subapro and Bare (all of which I can find locally). Anyone with similar problem who can offer suggestions is appreciated.

Hi crbonet,

I am a size 12-14 with a 33-34" inseam. I found a 7mm made by WaterProof (Swedish company) that comes in tall sizes. The XL/t fits me better than any others I tried. The tag says Height: 178-184 (5'10" - 6'), Chest: 97-103 (3'2"- 3'5") {I think they mean 38"- 41"}. HTH!

Lidja

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no such thing as "true size" when it comes to off the rack suits. It is whatever the mfg feels is a size 14 or whatever based on their measurements. There are also location concerns. Most mfgs are overseas and their patterns and conversions don't always mesh with ones from the us. You have to ask, who says what is a "true" size?

---------- Post added March 23rd, 2015 at 05:52 AM ----------

I'd also recommend wetwear .

Custom is an option. For ready sizes I'm pretty sure no one has anywhere near as many sizes as Waterproof. Excellent wetsuits.

Hi Crbonet,
My shape and size sound similar to yours. I have a divers direct near me and I was able to find Evo wetsuits (DD's brand) that fit me very well, in size 14 and they also carry a 16. I find that men's wetsuits squeeze my chest unbearably while leaving tons of room in the belly and thighs, but the Evo wetsuit is more suited to me. A full length 3mm only cost me less than one hundred. Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom