How to delay your period beside taking pills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kittikat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just out of curiousity and for future reference, does anyone have recommendation on how to delay your periods, preferably in more natural way?

Took Primolut N (norethisterone), which worked fine. Unfortunately I was extremely uncomfortable the whole time (continuous bloating and bad migraines). It was definitely not an improvement from my normal period discomforts. Furthermore, it really messed with my regular cycles. In general, I just avoid diving while on my period. It's just too uncomfortable and painful most of the time.

Just in case you wonder why I took the pills to begin with, I had to reschedule my dive trip to Komodo at last minute. And some people convinced me that I would not be able to see the komodo dragon if I was bleeding :shocked2:

does anyone have recommendation on how to delay your periods, preferably in more natural way?

I don't think delaying your period is natural. Body wants to do what body's do.

If you are on birth control just don't take the one week pills. It might be easier to find a BC that doesn't mess you up. And its totally fine to delay a period.

The only way to disrupt your menstrual cycle reliably is to use hormones to do it. That can be pills, or something like DepoProvera shots (which for many women, stops their periods altogether). Some of the hormone-eluting IUDs can also stop ones cycle.

I don't think delaying your period is natural. Body wants to do what body's do.

My feelings exactly. It just seems so intuitively obvious. Yet my best friend, now in her mid-40s, has used birth control full-time to prevent all periods for well over 15 years. You'll have to take my word for it that she is in astounding health and leading a remarkable life. I just hope this doesn't end up having some regrettable consequence that comes due years from now. My fear is that it could, but I have no science to justify it. It doesn't seem right, but so far, it seems to be working remarkably well for her.

Merina coil does the job for me. I am not aware of any way to stop bleeding. What about diving dry? X

Just out of curiousity and for future reference, does anyone have recommendation on how to delay your periods, preferably in more natural way?

Took Primolut N (norethisterone), which worked fine. Unfortunately I was extremely uncomfortable the whole time (continuous bloating and bad migraines). It was definitely not an improvement from my normal period discomforts. Furthermore, it really messed with my regular cycles. In general, I just avoid diving while on my period. It's just too uncomfortable and painful most of the time.

Just in case you wonder why I took the pills to begin with, I had to reschedule my dive trip to Komodo at last minute. And some people convinced me that I would not be able to see the komodo dragon if I was bleeding :shocked2:

Please don't think I'm being condescending when I say you can dive with a period and there there is no need to "reschedule" anything. I'm sure you know there are other methods of flow control other than using a pad.

I decided to ignore 'stopweeks' to prevent period. That was ok said my doctor.
Of course you can dive when in period, but some woman suffer from headaches in a period. And I really hate period, so I am soo happy to ignore stopweeks. I am healthy and do this for a long time now. I works for me really well.
So then no cancelling of a trip due to period needed. Yes it are pills with hormones, but I don't like the idea of hormone shots.

Get pregnant....

Jim....

Why are men answering on an issue like this one? You so don't get it. And besides that, oldschool Jim stole my answer. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom