random question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jewelrox1

Reaction score
is it tru that gurls dont get their period in the water? becuz the last time i went scuba diving in cayman (late march) i wore a tampon cuz i didnt kno if this was tru .... i keep getting opposite answers . does anyone kno for sure ?

Yeah, I know for sure. What does your common sense tell you?

No, it's not true. You get your period come hell or high water. Plan accordingly. :wink:

jewelrox1:
is it tru that gurls dont get their period in the water? becuz the last time i went scuba diving in cayman (late march) i wore a tampon cuz i didnt kno if this was tru .... i keep getting opposite answers . does anyone kno for sure ?

Whether or not you are in the water has nothing to do with your period. I suggest sticking with the tampon.

Bonne chance,

My understanding is that you will still get your period, but when you're in the water your flow may be lighter. For example, if you have a bath when you are menstruating you tend not to bleed whilst you are in the bath. This is probably where the information came from.

I'd still use the tampon, because you never know how heavy you will be and the ‘being in water’ theory doesn't count on either side of the dive, when you may not be near a bathroom.

When using a tampon, remember that the string can act as a "wick" and cause the tampon to become full. To avoid this, leave the string just "inside".

thanks for ur tampon advice!

Supposedly the pressure from diving keeps you from bleeding while you're in the water, but when you get out ....

I'd hate to have an "accident" so, wear the tampon.

Back
Top Bottom