Seriously love my Diva Cup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michelle!

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Home - The DivaCup, an innovative menstrual cup the best alternative to Tampons and Pads

This is probably the best thing since chocolate/red wine for dealing with menstruation!

No more bleached tampons and pads, no more worries about smells, leaks, running out of tampons, or having the right tampon on hand. It's easy to use, and I don't have to go to bed with an army of absorbent products strapped to me.

For travel - no more packing pads and tampons! More space for dive accessories in your luggage!

For scuba - No more worries about strings showing and changing tampons (for the warm water crowd) and no worries about strategically placed pads and potentially leaky tampons (for the drysuit crowd).

My drysuit neck seal has been slowly leaking (getting replaced soon), and sometimes I come out of a dive soaked, which freaks me out every time I dive during my period - no more!!

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Anyone else use one of these??

Just saw the link for the Diva Cup. I've always been a bit skeptical about how comfortable it would be but when we're all trying to do our bit to be green, we can't ignore the amount of natural and synthetic materials and energy required to make tampons and towels - not to mention the sanitary waste generated worldwide.

AND it appears economical. Seeing how much a Diva Cup is (under $40 cdn), it'll pay for itself in no time. I am quite curious to try one.:D

Just got one and I love it. I had been using either a tampon or Instead when diving, but a tampon is unreliable and Instead always gave me cramps. The Diva Cup fits securely and I never worried about leaks. It is a bit tricky getting the hang of inserting it, but it gets easier the more you use it. Used it diving the other weekend and it was great!

i'm glad to see word getting around about them. they were brought up as an option at the nurse midwifery convention several years ago & i thought they sounded good.

i myself did the mirena, so no worries about periods for 4 more years or so... :D

Well, I went out and bought one the other day.

I am getting the hang of it. I must say it was awkward in the beginning. KEEP THE INSTRUCTIONS when you try one for the first time! Use of the Diva is quite different from conventional tampon use so to avoid that "damnit it's stuck!" panic, read the instructions first (I thought that after 30 years of using tampons, I didn't really need a manual - BAD move).

The Diva's probably a massive improvement in design from the rubber menstrual cups out in the 90s. Women cringed at the mere thought of using them. Also, looking after the environment is more mainstream and people are attracted to using these items. This is good so more research and development can be done on these previously obscure gadgets that can make life that little bit nicer.

i don't know how you women do it

i'd probably just stay in bed and demand a constant supply of pizza and beer

i don't know how you women do it

i'd probably just stay in bed and demand a constant supply of pizza and beer

Don't think we wouldn't like to, except the world would stop without us!

(And it's red wine and dark chocolate, please!) :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom