Do you Love or Hate your Zeagle BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Ladies,

Need your feedback. I'm considering the Zeagle Lazer BCD and would like to hear how everyone likes their Zeagle BCDs in general and if you have a Lazer, I would love to hear what you like and dislike about it.

A little background... All my gear was stolen last year on a return trip to the US (actually stolen from the SAT Airport). I've had to replace everything and I'm happy with almost all my new selections except the BCD I purchased. I bought the Biolite Bioflex and the strap on the back of the BCD was too high on the back plate that I couldn't get it high enough on the tank to keep from hitting my head. Luckily, Scubatoys has a wonderful policy of satisfaction guaranteed and they are allowing me to return it. I love Scubatoys! But, I digress. The Biolite was just uncomfortable, so I'm looking once again and have tentatively landed on the Zeagle Lazer mainly because it looks like one of the lower profile ones, is fairly light/low profile, has pockets, D-rings, cummerbund and is a good brand from what I hear and read. I had the Aeris Reef Rider BCD before and loved it. It was around 6 pounds and the Lazer is 7 lbs. Being lightweight is a top criteria.

Love to hear from you all. It will probably be a month or two before I get back to the store to buy it so please let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance!

Dive Chicks Rock!

My wife dives a stiletto and likes it. I believe the laZer is the woman's version. With the ability to mix different size shoulder and waist sections, you should be able to get a good fit. Zeagle builds rugged, sturdy products. I dive an Express tech and we are both very happy with the quality.

---------- Post added August 13th, 2014 at 08:21 PM ----------

Sorry, I didn't address the travel aspect. She bought the BCD for travel. While it isn't the lightest unit, the added weight comes from heavy duty material, not fluffy add on stuff. She felt the build quality was worth the trade off. It does travel well. Good luck with your purchase.

Reactions: kdl
AdivingBel - thank you. Good to know it travels well. It's just a tab bit heavier than the Reef Rider I had and most of my other new gear is lighter than my original stuff, so it probably balances out. Good to know it's heavy duty, sounds like really good material. Thanks for the feedback!

My GF dives with the Zena and loves the customized fit she has with the different components. I taught an OW course once in a Stiletto. Very comfortable but the weight system was not very conducive for teaching...but dive no worries.

During training I alternated between the schools Zeagle BCD and some other brands. I found all of them equally useless.

Go for an aluminum backplate and wing instead.

I've been diving with a Zeagle Zena for 10 years and love it! It started showing wear at the 400 dive mark, but still isn't even close to needing to be replaced. Quality product!

My wife dives a Zeagle Zena and she loves it. We have 6 Zeagle BC's in the family now.

My GF and I both dives Express Tech. Hers is configured with the integrated Zip pouch (max 20 lbs), shoulder pads, crotch strap and 35 lbs horseshoe bladder. She transitioned to it four years ago, has done over 200 dives with it both locally and travelling and love it. It is great for travelling as it is very light (synthetic BP) and takes very little room.

Back
Top Bottom