Hair Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am about to complete my Open Water Course, but have huge problems with my long hair. I do pull it back into a pony, but there are shorter strands that always interfere with my vision underwater (constantly float in front of my mask, distracting me). I don't suppose there are any experienced divers out there that could share a few tips with me?
Thanks so much,
Sarah
(Looking forward to my first dives in Florida (Marathon) in May!

Hmmm, I don't have hair, but it seems wearing a hood would solve that problem pretty quickly.

Oh, welcome to the SB. :D

hi! for a few other ideas, look at the bottom of the screen. there are similar threads and one might have a solution that would work for you.

i've tried little claws, and they work pretty well for those strays but make getting the mask on a bit of a challenge. i've let it all float around and done a lot of head tossing. when it was longer, i french braided it which worked pretty well. many folks have good luck with dee-rags, which are made specifically for diving.

read on! see what sounds good to you!

Try one of those bandanas that are tube shaped and made from stretchy material. They are made for active men and women - you see people wearing them in marathons, tennis and on that bizarre Survivor show. I wear mine when I dive - I just put my mask on first then pull it up and over. It definitely cures stray hairs.

It's all about the dive!

scubagal49:
Try one of those bandanas that are tube shaped and made from stretchy material. They are made for active men and women - you see people wearing them in marathons, tennis and on that bizarre Survivor show. I wear mine when I dive - I just put my mask on first then pull it up and over. It definitely cures stray hairs.

It's all about the dive!
Is that a sort of head band that doesn’t stretch out when wet? Where can I look for such a creature? Preferably an online source – I haven’t seen anything like that.

Sorry Sarah, can't help with the hair issue. Don't have much, and what I have is quite short. But welcome to SB!

Howdy from Texas and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy: don

smiley-linie-009.gif

Thanks for the welcomes guys... :D Well, it's just after 7pm here, so I'm of out for a bit. Just picked up the new Rodale's Scuba Magazine.. going to take it down the Pub and have a read!
Good weekend to all...

bonairefreedom:
I am about to complete my Open Water Course, but have huge problems with my long hair. I do pull it back into a pony, but there are shorter strands that always interfere with my vision underwater (constantly float in front of my mask, distracting me). I don't suppose there are any experienced divers out there that could share a few tips with me?
Thanks so much,
Sarah
(Looking forward to my first dives in Florida (Marathon) in May!

Can you say Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta??
or Demi Moore in G.I. Jane??
or Sigourney Weaver in Alien3??
:D :D

Back
Top Bottom