Boots for small feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been diving in a pair of 5mm boots with flexible rubber soles. They are a size 4, but they really are too big (wide as well) for my size 5.5 women's foot. I also find them uncomfortable with my fins - my toes slide through the opening at the front of the foot pocket and are pressed from above by the edge of the foot pocket. I also get some scraping on my achilles and cramping in my arches, which is perhaps due to the compression from the strap on the back of my fins.

I am a warm water diver, so warmth is not an issue. I am thinking that a rigid soled boot might be more comfortable for me, but many of the available booties do not seem to be available in my shoe size. I am also doubtful that the unisex boots that are small enough will actually fit well.

I have been looking at a regular watershoe online, specifically these: Speedo Women's Hydro Comfort 2.0 Slip-On Shoe at LeisurePro (Speedo hydro comfort 2.0 slip on). These type of shoes might actually fit my foot well.

Is there any reason why a shoe like that wouldn't work well for warm water diving as long as they fit in my fin pockets?

Thanks,
Sarah

These 3mm boots have a stiffer sole and are very popular with our warm water customers over boots that have soft flexible soles, but after reading your comments about the issues that you are experiencing, I wonder if the fins themselves might be part of the problem?

Aqua Lung Sport Aqua Purge Scuba Boot | VisibilityUnlimited.com

Try some Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star High-tops. Sears usually has them on sale for $24.99. I use them for most of my diving unless I'm diving in cold water. I've had one pair for five years now. They started out black but they're kind of a faded beige now. They're great for boat diving because the tread doesn't slip on the boat and shore diving because sand doesn't wash in if you keep them laced up. Wear some polypropylene socks with them if you're going to do more than about two dives per day. The canvas and salt will cause abrasions. I noticed it after about the 20th dive on a liveaboard when I put the shoe on and my foot hurt. I took the shoe off, the DM duct taped my foot and I was good to go for that dive. Socks work better, however.

No experience with them but my concern is that as a slip on they might "slip off." I wear a size 6 shoe and have the Mares Trilastic 5mm Dive Boots at LeisurePro. Size 5 fits a little large on me so the 4 may be just right for you. Even though I am a warm water diver, I love the extra support and cushion of the firm sole and the neoprene. The thicker sole will also help fill the foot pocket of your fin if it is slightly loose.

I always wear a synthetic athletic sock as well.

Thanks for the replies!

The Mares Trilastic Boots look pretty good. I especially like the idea of the "fin tab" to keep the strap from riding up into my achilles. It doesn't seem like there are many low-top booties with that fin-tab on the back. I am interested in low-top boots because I don't like having to overlap with the bottom of my wetsuit. My wetsuit is tight around the ankles and if I put the boots on top then there is "drag" and the zipper won't stay zipped on the boots that I have right now.

Does anyone know if there are any lowtops like the Mares Trilastic with that fin tab?

Hi there, I wear ladies size 5 shoes and just had a huge problem finding good dive boots that fit, but I finally found some. I tried on many size 4's and 3's and even XXXS, and almost all were way too big. The two that fit me are Pinnacle Apex 6mm in size 4, and Mares 5 mm boots in size 3. The Pinnacle fits like a size 5 to maybe 5 1/2, and I found the difference between sizes is very small. The Mares fits perfectly like a size 5.

The next boots that I was going to try were Camaro 6 mm Classic Titanium boots, which come in half sizes and start at women's 3.5. There is also the Aqua Lung Ellie boot, which starts in ladies size 5.

So there are a few options for small feet. Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom