What's your favorite swimwear for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sll612

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm an average sized woman and I'd love to find a one-piece swimsuit that I can use for diving. An itsy bitsy bikini just isn't me anymore, but I've found that swimmer's suits are cut for athletic rather than Marilyn Monroe body types. Anyone have a suggestion for a good fitting sport swimsuit for women with curves?

I use Speedo 1 pc racing suit for the rare times I wear a wetsuit,... Though I am primarily a drysuit diver. I am a short, yet heavier woman (5'6" & 180 lbs). The suit does fine for that kind of use. Check out www.swimoutlet.com . They carry about anything & everything under the sun.

I just wear my regular swimsuit. Right now I favor tankini's- because I find one piece difficult to deal with if I need to use the restroom. For diving, I prefer to not have a halter style, because the not on the neck kind of hurts, but I've worn that and it's fine. Right now all my suits are halters, so I use safety pins to conver the straps to X back.

I also stick to a regular tankini, with no embellishments.
It only took one holiday doing two tank boat dives every morning to learn that a one piece is not an option for me. :)
Even when the boat came in for the surface interval some of those bathrooms were scary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a tankini for me too. No halter straps. Has to be regular over the shoulder type arm straps.

If sportswear is not a must, try bathing suit instead.
You will find more style options and better price because they don't use tech fabric.
It will get ruined by saltwater anyway, so get the inexpensive ones.
I'm sure Target/Costco/Walmart have lots of pretty bathing suits.

My fave tankini is a vintage style with high waisted pant like this:
Seafolly | Seafolly Goddess High Waisted Vintage Bikini Bottom at ASOS

I wear LandsEnd Tankinis...no halter straps as mentioned above. I find my LandEnd suits last for many years and wear very well. I also like that the colors are true from year to year so I don't have to worry about finding the right top with the right bottom and simply have to match colors (navy or black in my case). LandsEnd can seem expensive, but I always wait for a sale, bringing the price down to a very reasonable amount.

I have a nice LLBean tankini top (straps over the shoulders and no halter) that works better than my halter style Victoria's Secret tankinis. I wear no-tie/no-string bikini bottoms that won't slip when removing a wetsuit. I also have a nice reversible one piece suit that I got at Olympia Sports that's not too athletic in cut (I'm more of a Marilyn, too!)

I agree with the other posters about the tankini halter tops. Tried that once and the halter knot on my upper back under the wetsuit just about drove me bat sh*t. The tankini tops with built in bras and adjustable shoulder straps are a must have. I have had the best luck with both Lands End and even better luck with the La Blanc line. The La Blanc swimwear can be pricey, but I have found plenty on EBay. For a while I shunned swim shorts thinking they would bunch up under my wetsuit. Not such an issue. I also like the advantage of walking off the boat for surface intervals and at end of dives without feeling self conscious or over exposed-oh the joys of middle age.....

I guess I'll be different, for almost five years, I wore a one-piece suit. My now husband (just got married in Fiji) loves me in bikinis, which I never wore before. I'm now comfortable in them and the halter ties don't bother me at all.

Back
Top Bottom