Wrecks near Naples Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am looking for good wrecks to dive near Naples Florida. I have family there, and will be visiting them this summer, and want to plan some good wreck diving. Can anyone help me out?

What depth range are you looking for?
There are several in the recreational category and tons beyond that. Finding a charter may be easier out of Ft. Myers, but you may be able to dig up some boats out of Naples.
The Baja California (110fsw) and Oil Wreck (145fsw) are nice dives with lots of fish and artifacts. There is also a sanded-in paddlewheeler in 60fsw off Naples.
For technical dives, you have the Rhein, Araby Maid II, U-2513, and a whole slew of unidentified wrecks in deep water.
Enjoy,
Mike

Thanks Mike! I will be looking at mainly wrecks around the 130fsw range or shallower.

I do not have any deep diving experience yet. 105ffw is the deepsest I have gone. By the time I make the trip though, I will have more experience doing deeper dives, and may venture into the 160fsw range.

Thanks again for the help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom