Miflex HP Blowout! Eeek!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What is the longevity of the Mifles HP hoses? They've been out for less than one year (I purchased mine last fall). I've had all Mifles LP hoses for a while without any problems and love them, so when the HPs came out of course I had to get one.

On Saturday, after switching tanks between dives, I turned on the tank to hear whooooosh. The hose failed about 1/8" below the crimp. Ended up trading PSIGs back and forth with another diver for the rest of that day as we dove in shifts. Is this a fluke or a common issue? What is the warranty on them?

Thanks.

I've personally known several people to have Miflex hoses fail at the crimp. This seems to be an ongoing problem on the HP hoses.

My LDS just received a shipment of Miflex hoses and it looks like they have redesigned the connection at the end, probably in response to the problems. I'm keeping an eye on mine.

Edit - this was on the High Pressure hoses only, I didn't notice any difference on the low pressure hoses.

Same experience, blew as I hit water doing back roll. Sent email to XS end of last week regarding replacement, but have received no answer.

My HP Miflex hose... had done about 50-60 dives.
4261782164_261814d5ee.jpg

:(

OK now I'm concerned....just installed all new Miflex hoses yesterday. I'm guessing I should carry my old HP (and a tool) just in case!!!!

My LDS just received a shipment of Miflex hoses and it looks like they have redesigned the connection at the end, probably in response to the problems. I'm keeping an eye on mine.

Edit - this was on the High Pressure hoses only, I didn't notice any difference on the low pressure hoses.

Any chance of posting a photo of the new connections??

I want to see if I have old or new on mine...........

Have had no problems with mine so far.........

I had this same thing happen to me. The new version of the hoses have a rubber shock protector. I contacted xs scuba and they said replacement has to be done through the distributor where you bought the hoses.

I always carry a spare HP hose anyway thank goodness because it looks like I have the old style hose :(

Is replacement done under warranty or just once a hose blows?

Damn this has made me a little nervous of using mine now!

My HP Miflex hose... had done about 50-60 dives.
4261782164_261814d5ee.jpg

:(

Did you have a tight radius at the crimp when your gear is set up?

What's with all the fraying midway and just past midway on the hose? Was it the result of the blow out or...

I have miflex HP hoses on my KISS but as there is no bend on the hoses anywhere near the crimps I'm hoping the problem won't arise..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom