Zeagle BC magazine writeups/reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiburon72157

Reaction score
If this brand of BC is supposed to be so good, how is it I've never seen any magazine writeups about them?

Why are they never included in magazine BC/equipment tests with other manufacturers?

Does Zeagle choose not to send in gear to have it tested and evaluated?

I've heard that the military uses Zeagle gear. Where is this documented?

How about some justification as to this company's advertising claims, clients and equipment quality standards.

I'm not sure where you're looking, but the tests are out there:

Stiletto Review

Here's a test from 2002, so they've been available for testing at least that long:

Weight Integrated Back Inflates

Besides, you have some of the most critical evaluators in existence right here on Scubaboard....divers who actually dive, and who have used the product. I think if you take a poll here of divers who have dealt with them, the overwhelming consensus would be that they have a great product and some of the best customer service in the business. Of course, there are those who don't like them, but hey, you can't please everybody. At least Zeagle is willing to listen to concerns and try to address them, which is more than a LOT of manufacturers can say.

Zeagle makes the best BC I have ever owned.

I am down in Cozumel right now with my new Zeagle Brigade. It is so nice. By far the best BC I have ever owned! Back to the trip.

I have seen write ups for the zeagle BC's. I think the reason they dont have them every year like the other brands is because the magazines only do write ups on the new equipment. Zeagle has no need to bring out new equipment every year because the Bc's they have now dont need improvement.

Crawl79:
I have seen write ups for the zeagle BC's. I think the reason they dont have them every year like the other brands is because the magazines only do write ups on the new equipment. Zeagle has no need to bring out new equipment every year because the Bc's they have now dont need improvement.

I suspect you hit it on the head. Zeagle does tweek their products form time to time but rarely overhaul it, no need if you have done it right the first time. I really wish other manufactures would do the same. If they would simply put out a good product and stand behind it there is little reason to change it. Seems like every time I find a product I really like, they make it better or replace it with a new and improved model......that rarely is.

Tribuon, don't confuse magazine writeups in glossy mags with real world experience. Spend enough in advertising and anything will get a good review. If you want to find out what REAL divers think about Zeagle, search this board. I would bet you will not find a single person who has a bad opinion of Zeagle. Sure some prefer other BCs for whatever reason but still have nothing bad to say. I know for fact there are hundreds on this board that like their Zeagle product, including myself. If you have been around this board for any time and followed the Zeagle threads you know their customer service is second to none. What other manufacturer will respond in typically a few hours to a customer question posted here? I know from personal experience they will help customers over the phone with no BS runaround. Zeagle may not have many fancy adds or glowing writeups but you don't get thousands of loyal customers world wide by selling junk.

OK everyone, I've heard rumors that the Zeagle retains air - and I've had a devil of a time getting down now that I've changed from the ScubaPro jacket style to the Zeagle backplate. I love it for traveling, it's light. But I can't get all the air out of it. A friend of mine (where was he BEFORE I bought?) told me he's heard that the Zeagle traps air.

Anyone else with this issue?

drckw:
OK everyone, I've heard rumors that the Zeagle retains air - and I've had a devil of a time getting down now that I've changed from the ScubaPro jacket style to the Zeagle backplate. I love it for traveling, it's light. But I can't get all the air out of it. A friend of mine (where was he BEFORE I bought?) told me he's heard that the Zeagle traps air.

Anyone else with this issue?

Nope, no trapped air here. Lean to the side slightly when dumping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom