Made in China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettg

Reaction score
Hi

I have just bought a new Zeagle Ranger and was under the impression that they are manufactured in the USA. I noticed on the inside label that it is in fact made in China.

Are all your products made in China?

My new Ranger LTD says Made in USA.

My wife's new LaZer doesn't give a country of origin.

Some products are made in China and some are made in the USA. Prior to late 2005/early 2006, all BCs were made in the USA.

Several factors contributed to moving part of the production to China - mostly the ever increasing problem of finding quality sewers. As generations move on, less and less people are learning the art of sewing. 20 to 40 years ago, that wasn't an issue, but as employees get older and retire, it is tough to replace them.

Rest assured that all of our BCs are fully covered under the Zeagle warranty, regardless of where they are made, and we have very strict quality checks in place to make sure that the BCs made overseas are as good, if not better, than the ones we make right here.

Thanks,

Scott

One of the main reasons I ordered the Zeagle was due to the fact that they are not made in China like everything else. Living in Australia we are seeing more and more products being manufactured in China and the quality has been affected in many instances.

Maybe I am just dissapointed as I thought I was getting an American product.

Are the ones made in china going to have a chinese flag on the left strap
?

Seriously though I feel your pain, it's hard to find anyone that can do quality work anymore.

Thinking it over more do you really have to make the great american BC in a communist country?

Scubapro makes theirs in Mexico, and I dont have a problem w/ that.

Is their no other countries that treat their citizens better where these can be made?

Thats a bit depressing to hear Scott.

Is the entire line now made in China? You do say part of the production line. Are any of your BC's still made in the USA? One of the original reason's I purchased a Zeagle was that you don't use the warranty in a quality US made BC. I'd rather have a quality made BC from your shop than one you'll guarantee to replace if/when one made in china fails. Geeze I've used Zeagles for the last decade and a half religously. Please tell me that at least one is still made in the USA. and if so which one(s).

AS long as we are at it Scott what about your regulators USA ???

loyal Zeagle user

Chris

ScottZeagle:
Some products are made in China and some are made in the USA. Prior to late 2005/early 2006, all BCs were made in the USA.

Several factors contributed to moving part of the production to China - mostly the ever increasing problem of finding quality sewers. As generations move on, less and less people are learning the art of sewing. 20 to 40 years ago, that wasn't an issue, but as employees get older and retire, it is tough to replace them.

Rest assured that all of our BCs are fully covered under the Zeagle warranty, regardless of where they are made, and we have very strict quality checks in place to make sure that the BCs made overseas are as good, if not better, than the ones we make right here.

Thanks,

Scott

ScottZeagle:

Thanks,

Scott
Scott, what color is your blood?? Not saying that the good ole USA can't be beat but come on man.
I would rather have seen the sewing going to Canada or (am I saying this) Mexico rather than overseas.

Is there any brand that is totally still USA? I hate to say it but probably not. It is something that we are seeing more and more. The labor is cheap, and sometimes so it the quality. I have heard a bunch of stories about crappy workman ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom