Scott...I need ya' man...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Scott,

I don't know if you have talked to Joe at ScubaToys about this yet. I need a small strap with two of the connector clips (2" webbing clips that you use to attach the shoulders to the back of the Zena) so that I can connect the top clip of the bladder to the back of the Zena without the tank strap.

You see, I have to move the tank down on the BC enough so that my girlfriend won't hit her head on the reg. I can move the upper tank strap down to the next position on the back, but the bladder clips have to be connected at the top position.

I literally need a piece of webbing with a clip on either end that is 6" long. Simple enough, right?

I can make it myself with a couple of clips and a foot of webbing...

If I can't slide the tank down, I can't keep the BC...
Girlfriends with headaches after diving is not good...:no

Is your girlfriend adjusting her Zena properly on her body? When I first got my Zena the tank seemed too high until I learned to adjust it.

The Zena should be worn pretty low on the body, with the middle strap being at the waist and the lower strap being at hip level. The shoulder straps are the last to be adjusted. In well over 100 dives in my Zena, I've found the only way to get it adjusted perfectly is while horizontal in the water. During my descent, I simply go horizontal, make sure my shoulder straps are totally loose, pull entire corset down and tighten the straps starting from the bottom up. Takes me about 5 seconds now.

This absolutely isn't to say this is the case with your girlfriend at all.

Well, she has only dove in it twice, but this is not the first bc that she has had this problem with. She has had the same problem with a Genesis Tropic as well, because it has two bands.

The Zena will not slide down any further on her. If she slides it down the waist strap is not really on her waist anymore.

Moving the tank strap down one notch should do the trick... I hope!!

The strap you are looking for is a stock Zeagle item, and Scuba Toys carries it. My wife had the same issue with her Lazer, knocking her head on her reg. Problem solved now. Get in touch with Joe at Scuba Toys; he'll fix you up.

... or Larry, or Rick, or anyone else there.

Joe says the stock strap is too long. Maybe he is not thinking about the one you have. How long is the strap and what is the part number, if you know?

The strap on my wife's Lazer is about 5" between the center of each buckle. Just measured. Definitely came from Scuba Toys. I guess it could be possible that the Zena requires a different length; couldn't tell you that. Sorry, no clue on the part number, since ST just threw it an envelope and sent it to me.

The strap on my wife's Lazer is about 5" between the center of each buckle. Just measured. Definitely came from Scuba Toys. I guess it could be possible that the Zena requires a different length; couldn't tell you that. Sorry, no clue on the part number, since ST just threw it an envelope and sent it to me.

Well, if your strap is 5" long with a metal clip (with two long slots to accept 2" webbing) on either end, and it fits through the top tank strap slot of the backpack and it clips to the metal clips on the bladder, than that is what I want!!!!

Do you have a stock number or part number for it? How long ago did you get it?

Yeah, I know exactly what you need, since that's exactly the one on my wife's LaZer ... 2" wide by 5" long with the shiny buckle sewn onto each end. Got it from ST probably about February of this year. No paperwork ... just e-mailed ST with what I needed, and they just stuck it in an envelope and sent it to me as a freebie. Sorry, no part number ...

I's say if you're in a hot rush to get it, and Scuba Toys can't track it down (that would surprise me) , call Zeagle at 813-782-5568, ask for tech support, and tell them exactly what you need.

OK. I called Joe and he told me the strap he sold for the Lazer is a little too long for the Zena. He said he would have Zeagle make one to fit exactly.

(Hear that, Scott?)

We'll see what happens...

By the way, are there better guys to work with than the guys at ScubaToys?

I think not!!

Well, there ya go ...

Yeah, if you have Scuba Toys and Zeagle in your corner, you're pretty much covered for anything!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom