Leisure Pro now an authorized Zeagle dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Scott,

a year ago, in this post, you said.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/2794722-post2.html

ScottZeagle:
Leisure Pro is not a Zeagle dealer - they are a "grey market" retailer.

I believe that if you check their website, they say as much, as well as offer their own warranty.

Let the buyer beware.

I was checking their website today and notice that Leisure Pro's prices has drastically increased on Zeagle products. I found that really odd. I checked them against Scubatoys prices and found them to be an exact match of your MAP price.

I got to wondering, why would Leisure Pro be following Zeagles MAP and increase their prices?

found my answer here... that they are listed as an authorized dealer now.
Dealer List Zeagle Systems - Scuba Diving Equipment Manufacturer

Can you give us a little more info on this? (like when did it happen and why Zeagle took them as a dealer after the issues in the past)?

just curious.

-mike

I asked Scott the same question last month and the short version is that basically Zeagle made it very difficult and uncomfortable for Leisure Pro to acquire Zeagle gear. At the same time they offered to make LP an authorized dealer, which LP accepted.

I'm sure Scott can share the long version if he wants. :wink:

Mike,

Suffice it to say that LP agreed to abide by the rules we have set for our dealers, and we in turn made them an authorized dealer. This happened sometime in early 2008.

If you want more specifics than that, look me up at DEMA. :)

Scott

Thanks...

I've noticed that more and more gear brands/manufacturers are now authorizing LP as a dealer now.

I guess if you can get them to agree to abide to the rules, it's more productive to make them a dealer instead of having to fight them. :)

makes sense.

Thanks...

I've noticed that more and more gear brands/manufacturers are now authorizing LP as a dealer now.

I guess if you can get them to agree to abide to the rules, it's more productive to make them a dealer instead of having to fight them. :)

makes sense.

And for many of the manufacturers, it is better to "come in out of the rain" before the dealers and the rest of the world realize they are "already wet"......if you get my drift.

Phil Ellis

Thanks...

makes sense.

Now we will have to see what LP does with it. Hopefully, they will not let themselves go from KING of the grey marketeers to just another online authorized dealer. So where is the haggle button on their web site? 1-800-:shakehead:-:blinking:

Now we will have to see what LP does with it. Hopefully, they will not let themselves go from KING of the grey marketeers to just another online authorized dealer. So where is the haggle button on their web site? 1-800-:shakehead:-:blinking:

well that's the down side of it. the price went up and there is no haggle button.

As for how will LP deal with it, Oceanic made them (LP) an authorized dealer and they dropped their prices below MAP pretty quickly afterwards... I don't keep track of it but I think they bounce them around back in line and out again.

well that's the down side of it. the price went up and there is no haggle button.

As for how will LP deal with it, Oceanic made them (LP) an authorized dealer and they dropped their prices below MAP pretty quickly afterwards... I don't keep track of it but I think they bounce them around back in line and out again.

Businesses, competing in an active marketplace, will NEVER follow a set of rules established to "level the playing field". You name me ONE serious businessman who EVER wanted the playing field "leveled" with his competitor. Most want an advantage!

When times get tough, and inventories are higher, and things are more difficult to sell, the competition will start.

Phil Ellis

You name me ONE serious businessman who EVER wanted the playing field "leveled" with his competitor. Most want an advantage!

Tall, funny looking dude with long hair....runs a store called Scuba Toys, or something like that.

I don't think anyone was happier than him when LP became an authorized Zeagle dealer....but you can ask him....he is pretty easy to find.

:wink:

Tall, funny looking dude with long hair....runs a store called Scuba Toys, or something like that.

I don't think anyone was happier than him when LP became an authorized Zeagle dealer....but you can ask him....he is pretty easy to find.

:wink:

I know where to find him.

Back
Top Bottom