Zeagle Back orders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajtoady

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I placed an order for a couple of spare weight pouches for my Ranger LTD over a month ago with a reputable supply shop. I am still waiting and after a few emails have found out that for some reason apparently Zeagle and filling B O's are two words that are not in the same sentence. I like your equipment but, if trying to get parts and accessories is like nonexistent I'll buy from another equipment manufacturer, Mares, Scubapro, etc. Your office told him over two weeks ago that they were being shipped. I have no reason to doubt this vendor and will continue to buy from him because of his service and communication. I guess I would like to hear your side of this.:idk:

Are you talking about the yellow weight pouches??

If so, we are waiting on mesh due to our material supplier being backed up.

I have asked our purchasing person to check with the vendor for an updated ship date.

Sorry!

Scott

Scott, they are in fact the yellow pouches. I ordered two 12 lb for when I dive with a lighter wetsuit. I feel it it easier to have a couple sets of primary pouches for the varying thicknesses of wetsuits that I use. Thanks for your quick reply, Tony

After further discussion with my supplier and based on Zeagle's performance to date, I believe that I am going to buy from a different manufacturer. When simple items take in the neighborhood of 4+ weeks and still not here, it's time to cut the losses and move on. I understand when you have vendor problems such as, getting base materials, but you can't tell me that there is only one supply of an item in this world. I liked my BC but I want to get one with an Octo inflator. I feel that if you can't handle the small stuff you will fail on the rest of your line. I might try a different brand Octo-inflator:shakehead::shakehead: on my BC but at this time it definitely won't be a Zeagle.

I'm not sure what you want me to say...

I can certainly apologize for the delay, but that doesn't fix the problem...and on the issue of the mesh fabric specifically, no....there really isn't another source for it, which is why we still make the weight pouches here in Florida rather than offshore - the quality of mesh that we demand is only available here in the states, and we refuse to sell a lower grade of mesh just to fill a few orders faster.

This is a problem that creeps up about once every 5 years or so, and i'm sorry that you got caught up in it this time.

Scott

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'd recommend against an octo-inflator.

From my experience and that of other divers I know, it doesn't do anything really well, particularly work as an octo. It's too short, has to bend at an uncomfortable angle for you to breathe off of it and it breathes like crap. IMHO, it's just another gimmick that your LDS can charge you $$ for.

YMMV

Wow to switch to a different manufacturer because you can't get an accessory quickly is pretty harsh IMO! Have you considered inquiring with another shop about getting the "yellow thingies" a bit quicker? Scuba Toys or Leisure Pro may be able to help you out.

I ordered the very same thing for my Zeagle, last night, and they shipped today, from LP:

5493552322_24191d36b1_z.jpg

To switch manufacturers, especially one with the fabulous customer service and support record Zeagle has (and many here, including myself, will attest to), due to a material allocation, which happens in *every* industry, to the *biggest* vendors, is simply self-spiting...

Perhaps if you hold your breath, and stamp your feet...

Similair here - I got some last week from ScubaToys - they are in stock in the channel, just order them....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom