Zeagle Express Tech Bladder Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bqq100

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking to purchase the Express Tech as my first BCD, but I have a few questions about my bladder options. It will be primarily be used for packing on a plane for warm water destinations, or for local quarry training/refresher dives.

I am currently 3 options
  1. Buy the ET with 35# for the quarry (which should be my next dive), and later add the 24# before my next trip
  2. Buy the ET with 30# and use it for everything
  3. Buy the ET with 35# and use it for everything

How much bigger are the 30# donut and 35# than the 24# when folded up and packed? If it is only a small size difference I would probably lean toward options 2 or 3.
How much do each of the bladders cost if purchased separately?

Also, how long of a inflator hose should I get? I think I read that the corrugated hoses are 19", will a 22" inflator hose be long enough? Are the corrugated hoses for all Zeagle bladders the same size?

Thanks!

My wife got the ET with the 35# bladder and it works fine for tropical - in fact it just came back from Curacao. If she didn't use it locally though we'd have gone with the 24#. We don't fold it - just pack it flat.

Hers came with an inflator hose - don't know the length, but presumably it is the right one :) . Not that is has anything to do with anything but I find the corrugated hose on the ET to be far too long - Though her's is 23 inches. Perhaps they've changed something and now they are shorter (19 still a little long for my tastes though).

There is not much physical difference between the 35 and the 24 but unless you are diving heavy steel tanks with no wetsuit, I doubt you have any real need for more than the 24....I have a 35 and a 24.

Thanks I have seen that one around, was more interested in the other 2 which I could not find anywhere.

There is not much physical difference between the 35 and the 24 but unless you are diving heavy steel tanks with no wetsuit, I doubt you have any real need for more than the 24....I have a 35 and a 24.

I know 24# covers most of what I need, but on one of my last trips (Puerto Vallarta in Nov) I was in a 5mm wetsuit and was carrying ~22#. I thought that was too close for being able to using entirely integrated weights.

I have the 30 lbs donut on mine and my GF has the 35 lbs Horeshoe bladder on hers. That's our set-up for local (cold) and travel diving (warm). Been using those with AL 80 cft all the way up to Faber HP 117 cft without any problem.

I am currently 3 options
  1. Buy the ET with 35# for the quarry (which should be my next dive), and later add the 24# before my next trip
  2. Buy the ET with 30# and use it for everything
  3. Buy the ET with 35# and use it for everything
Just to make it clear, I would confirm with your shop on the 24lb vs 35lb bladder on the standard Express Tech before ordering. Fun fact, we've kind of wobbled back and forth on which size we've offered as "standard" from the factory due to what has been available to us over the past year. The 24lb bladder is what we've had listed as the standard for the Express Tech but when we ran into our lean period we switched over to using the 35lb bladder as standard.

Long story short, check with your dealer (or have your dealer check with us if he's unsure as well) so you don't get surprised by the stock size bladder (which if ordered today is 24lb).

How much bigger are the 30# donut and 35# than the 24# when folded up and packed? If it is only a small size difference I would probably lean toward options 2 or 3.
How much do each of the bladders cost if purchased separately?

The 24lb and 35lb bladder dimensions are pretty darn similar, for all practical purposes you won't notice a difference. The 30lb donut is larger (26" x 19" x 3" approximately) and a bit stiffer due to its inner bladder-outer cover construction.

Also, how long of a inflator hose should I get? I think I read that the corrugated hoses are 19", will a 22" inflator hose be long enough? Are the corrugated hoses for all Zeagle bladders the same size?

The standard length corrugated hose with the Express Tech will be 19" (we also offer 16" and 23"). The standard length LP inflator hose is 28". We change it up slightly when we start talking about XS and XL+ sizes, but the Express Tech always gets a 19" corrugated hose and a 28" LP inflator hose.

You're welcome! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom