Express Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRadke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is the Express Tech without all of the bells and whistles still being produced? The only version I see advertised now is the deluxe.

Hi MRadke,

At this time we are only listing the Express Tech Deluxe and its varients (no weight system, Ripcord weight system, and Zip Touch weight system) on our website. As with all things, your local dealer may still have the original Express Tech on the shelf to sell you.

Last I heard the standard Express Tech has been discontinued for 2013.

So you can't get the harness without those silly plastic quick release buckles anymore? Interesting business decision, Zeagle. Scratch one bp/w alternative off my "Highly Recommended" list :shakehead:

Hi MRadke,

At this time we are only listing the Express Tech Deluxe and its varients (no weight system, Ripcord weight system, and Zip Touch weight system) on our website. As with all things, your local dealer may still have the original Express Tech on the shelf to sell you.

Last I heard the standard Express Tech has been discontinued for 2013.

That's unfortunate. The standard express tech was on my short list as a bcd for my daughter that would grow with her. I thought that it might also double as a travel unit for me.

Mike

The 7709 NK is still produced. Aquatic Adventures of Florida in Zephyrhills, Fl. was the first and is the largest Zeagle retailer in the world. We have the 7709 NK in stock ready to ship to any place in the world. The price on the Express Teck with the standard harness and no weight system is $249. plus tax for Florida residents and shipping. For a few dollars more you can get the 30 lb donut bladder on that backplate and harness.

Give us a cal 813-788-6476

Mike

I just got confirmation on this subject, the standard Express Tech (7709NK) is not going to be produced this year. I'm forwarding feedback from those that are interested in the standard to the decision making folks here, however.

As you can see above however, some dealers still have stock of the standard Express Tech if you wanted to pick up one soon.

Jeff, I was one of the earlier purchasers of the ET and I purchased it for the very reason it was stripped down and perfect for what I needed, a light weight, inexpensive but well built travel BC. As it turned out, with a slight modification it works great with double hose regs that I often dive. I do not need or want the other parts, if I did, I would have purchased a different BC....or just use the other Zeagle I already have. There is a place for a well built but minimal BC in the market, a lot of our shop staff purchased them early on. My guess is the bottom end model was removed due to dealer pressure and/or corporate profit, not demand, a bad move IMO.

I just got confirmation on this subject, the standard Express Tech (7709NK) is not going to be produced this year. I'm forwarding feedback from those that are interested in the standard to the decision making folks here, however.

As you can see above however, some dealers still have stock of the standard Express Tech if you wanted to pick up one soon.

So Sad! Why, why why???

One might speculate that not enough people were ordering the basic version to justify it. I like my Deluxe, though the padding really doesn't make much difference. In hindsight I might as well have gotten the basic version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom