Express Tech Deluxe Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

groarcan

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Divers,
I plan to buy a Zeagle express tech deluxe form a local dive shop in Jakarta/Indonesia. But I notice that the backplate is slightly different at the shouder strap mount. (circled in red)

Zeagle-Express-Tech-Backplate.jpgI found that those mounts were in stright position, they didn't look the same as in the picture (slightly curved outward). I'm worried that the mounts may rip in the future since the inboard part is carrying much weight. Even when hanged in store I found the mounts were a little bit stressed already. Have you guys ever found that parts break? Which one is the newest model? The one with slightly angled just like in the picture or the straight one?

I've checked with our Service Department and they've confirmed that we have not had any Express Tech's come back to us with those tri-glides ripped out near the shoulder. Not saying that you couldn't destroy it if you tried. Just remember that it's a BC and not a hiking backpack, don't go walking for miles through the jungle with twin cylinders strapped to your back.

The picture you're showing is an older Express Tech (I need to remove that and update it on the Zeagle website), we have since changed the positioning of the tri-glides to being what you see in the store today (straight up and down). At this particular moment I don't remember why that change was made, I'll try to investigate.

Thanx for the reply Jeff. Actually the stright up-down position of tri-glides is more comfortable for me since it accommodates most divers with smaller stature like me.

Back
Top Bottom