Ripcord pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divezilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm considering adding a ripcord system to my Express tech.
The pockets look pretty big ..
I don't use much weight unless I'm diving dry in cold water.
I was wondering if the extra space in their ripcord was usable as a real-pocket for holding things?
Anyone do that?

Also . any downside to ordering the larger yellow weight bags?
No local dealer, so I can't touch/feel for myself.

Cheers

the ripcord system is great but to use as a pocket they wont work for things smaller than a hard weight as the bottoms are not closed the zipcord threads thru to hold the weights in. as for the yellow pockets the medium size is 12 lbs each thats 24 lbs if you need the full 30 when drysuit diving get the large ones they can be folded easy, i like them because the yellow is easy to find if you ever dump them. there is a zeagle pocket you can add to the waist strap actually 3 the quick, sport and tech pockets. hope this helps if not pm me i will try to help you

I have the zip touch pockets on my express tech and I will slip a pocket snorkel in with a hard weight when tropical diving. Of course if I have to ditch weights the snorkel is history, but that couldn't possibly happen, right... :)

I carry flotable items in there; like a backup SMB. Works great- and there is no real need to buy the weight pockets to go inside- just put the lead in the main pocket.

if you use soft weights the 1# weights might get out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom