Brand new Zeagle Zena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dpspaceman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just purchased a zeagle zena for my wife this weekend. we have manually filled it up and squeezed it - seems fine... but after a while (couple of hours or overnight) it appears like it has decreased in air - is it busted with a leak? please help, we are also new to diving. should we just take it back to the dive store?

If you feel it is losing air, take it back to the dive store. If you aren't sure, fill it completely with air and leave it for a couple of days...you'll know for sure then!

Also, make sure your wife knows how to wear her Zena adjusting it properly at the start of her dive. If she does this, it will never shift or move on her body throughout the dive, no matter what position she finds herself in. I'd be happy to write the "tutorial" if you haven't seen it before, but the most important thing to know is that the middle strap sits at the waist, below the ribs.

Fill it completely with air. Then fully submerge it in a bathtub, trash can or something similar and look for bubbles (they may be very small). You will know immediately not only if it is leaking, but where.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom