zena inflater hose position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

janieb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Zeagle - I have a Zena that I purchased in April - just getting to writing about this since going diving again in Dec...but the attachment for the inflater hose on the back of the bcd is close to the tank strap and more center than to the side. this forces the tank to be low on the bcd, and I dont really like that. I called the zeagle customer service and he did verify that this is by design - for what reason, he didnt really know. I like the bc alot, other than my dealer encouraged me to go with the med and I should have gotten the small...but I think you should do something about where the hose attaches. since this is a women's bc and the tanks are hitting lower anyway, it's a little awkward to have to place the tank lower than usual.

Or at least put a picture of the back of the bc on the website....

I've been diving a Zena for over 10 years and have had no problem moving my tank up. I actually prefer to have my tank higher on my back so it doesn't hit the back of my legs while diving. I find that although it seems like the inflator would be in the way, it really isn't and I've never had a problem. The inflator definitely touches the tank, but I ignore it and put the tank where I want it.

Almost 600 dives later and it's just not a problem.

while I'm a male I haven't actually worn one, but looking at the pictures, just put the tank where it should be, high enough for you to easily reach the valve knob for shutoff, and just leave it. Once you are horizontal the inflator hose is useless for dumping anyway so the inflator won't be pressing against the tank with any force, even at the surface you'll be fine. This is a common inflator position and most wings have it in that general vicinity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom