Underwater structure near Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflylow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My buddy and came across this structure yesterday morning on a dive off Sunabe Seawall here in Okinawa. We grabbed the video camera and scooters and headed back for a better look this morning.

I don't know exactly what it is, but it certainly looked interesting to me!

Sunabe Underwater Pyramid
YouTube - Sunabe Underwater Pyramid

Any ideas?

It is a bit challenging to try to piece together exactly what the viewer is seeing as a whole. It might be easier if you skecthed it out and posted that picture so they could envision what they are seeing as a whole. Just an option.

If you want to see where archeologists should be looking for the real "root" or "seed" civilizations, do a web search for "pre-iceage map", the seas where about 130 feet lower than they are now about 10,000 years ago, about the time the Japan Monoliths were above water and the cities they have found in India and Celon as well as off of Cuba were as well. Much of the Caribbean was dry land.

Neat download:

http://jesse.usra.edu/articles/iceagemodule/iceagemodule-paper.html

Mike

How far out from shore is the structure and what depth? Inundation theories are something to take a look at. Take a look at Graham Hancock's book Underworld. There are structures at Yonaguni and Kerama, Japan and elsewhere that suggest such structures are to be found in coastal areas which may have been above the waterline thousands of years ago. But, you probably already know this.
Regards

It's more than just the water going up and down, the land's done the same. See Nick Flemming's work.

I have dove that area and seen the structures and its hard for me to believe its anything other than rock. Although while sitting on the outer deck of Island Break and eating some great currie its fun to look out over the water directly at the site and talk about the possibliities...

Might be the Japanese gov't pouring more concrete and garbage into the water to increase the island land mass :wink: worked in Odaiba !
:nope:

Congratulations! This thread was mentioned in our most recent Newsletter! Click here to read yours!

Congratulations! This thread was mentioned in our most recent Newsletter! Click here to read yours!

Wacky !!!

But good, as there is a lot of good and interesting diving in Japan that easily gets overlooked. The language (and cost) is a barrier, but there is some great ops aimed at helping overseas travelers if they make their way here. Scubaboard has been great at helping the Japan diving community reach a broader audience! thanks!

and for this thread, still lots of water around Japan waiting to be explored!

Back
Top Bottom