60 lb amberjack
fernandezh

60 lb amberjack

On the 3rd dive I had enough of AJ’s and was looking for grouper. Towards the end of the dive I saw a 65-70 lb. AJ swim by me which was too good of an opportunity for me to pass up. I freeshafted him right through the head and he went belly up. I immediately put him onto my stringer upon which he became possessed by Satan himself because this AJ started to swim like there was no tomorrow. He drug me a good 300 yrds along the reef while I was sitting atop of him with my legs wrapped around him like he was a bucking bronco while I was holding onto the stringer with one hand and was stabbing him in the head with the other. There was no way in the world I was missing his brain but he kept on swimming with me on top of him. Running low on bottom time, I attached my lift bag to the stringer and inflated it which brought him right to the surface as I let go. Even on the surface and my knife sticking out of his head he kept on putting up a fight.
Judging from the smile on your face, it was well worth the ride to bring this AJ to the surface! Great spearo and a beautiful fish!

ScubaWim - ain't never gonna happen. This guy's lived through just about anything...tough as they come.

BTW - very nice fish!

Judging from all your photos you are definetley a good hunter. Great pics of your catches.

Excellent fish :)

I hope the folks here who are posting low ratings don't eat fish, wouldn't want to call anyone on being a hypocrit or anything, ya know? :wink:

I think the fish would look a lot better swimming freely in the ocean. I hope you at least ate the fish and not let it go to waste after your picture.

hi fernandezh waaaaw its big amberjack :)
can u add me in msn i want to talk with u about some thnigs plz :)
this is my email scorpion_boy91@hotmail.com

Media information

Category
Fish
Added by
fernandezh
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media