• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

JamesBon92007

Jim Scuba 1985

Me in 1985. I still have the same mask, snorkel, booties, and regulator! It was taken with an Instamatic that I built the housing for.

Jim Scuba 1985
JamesBon92007, Sep 4, 2016
Themerrydiver likes this.
    • Erich S
      Nice Jim, mine is also from 1985.
    • JamesBon92007
      Your regulator looks a lot like the one that I had just retired at about that time. I'm still using the Sherwood in my '85 picture though :) Same mask too.
    • Erich S
      Hi Jim,
      My regulator was a Calypso J.
    • JamesBon92007
      Ah yes, mine was a Calypso and my "other" regulator was a Calypso J. The Sherwood out-breathes the Calypsos by about 3X but my Calypso is still in good condition and ready to dive with (last resort maybe, but ready). Heck, I'll use it. The Calypso J first stage is being used as an air supply for nail guns, blowers, paint sprayers, etc. It does not leak (had to replace the piston O-Ring). The second stage I take with me on trips in case someone requires me to have an Octopus. It will not free-flow.
    • Erich S
      Those USD regulators were well built with the brass second stages which I prefer to the plastic used today. Wish I still had it!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Divers
    Uploaded By:
    JamesBon92007
    Date:
    Sep 4, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    261.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2100px
    Height:
    1500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).