Napolean Wrasse at Blue Corner
L

Napolean Wrasse at Blue Corner

Thecnically this photo can be nice. But, I can't see divers touching marine life. Once upon a time there was a magnificient, huge and famous humphead wrasse ("Napoleon") in the reef of Ras Um Sid, Sinai. For many years it was one of the main attractions in the reef. Divers liked him and the fish loved divers- because they brought him eggs. Cool. Until one as**ole gave him a full plastic bag loaded with eggs. The fish ate the eggs- with the bag.

The bag got entangled in its gills.

The fish died.

St*pid humans killed it for the excitment of watching the wretched fish mouth eating eggs.

Pity.

I was also taught that fish have some protective mucous layer and touching them makes them vulnerable for disease and parasites.
And even if it is not true- why touch? Is it THAT good?

Take only photographs, leave only bubbles.

I really HATE this photo...

I'm on the same opinion as Jai Bar. This photo is a bad example of what a diver should be.

The fish looks scared. Not good.

Well, I personally like it. 10 out of 10 picture!

Say what you want about endangering the fish and wildlife, but most of you should shut-up! When you stop driving your car and only ride a bike because you realize that YOUR causing golbal warming and seals are dying in Antartica, your supporting oil tankers that spill occasionally and kill millions of fish and birds and blah, blah, blah.

God put animals on this earth for us to enjoy them. Unless your INTENTIONALLY trying to injure the fish (not for the sake of eating it), then I wait to see you all driving your big-wheels on the freeway to work...

Get over it!

I agree with Jay bar.
bjpell said: "God put animals on this earth for us to enjoy them." How can we believe and say such crap today, I don't know if I should cry or laugh... please keep your what you believe for you, some people here think instead of believing. and even if you are right about petrol polution (and you actually are), does it mean that nothing else matter?

I like the photo but agree with everyone who says that we should keep our hands to ourselves. We don't know that God put anything on this planet for our enjoyment but we DO know that touching or interacting so closely with wildlife is damaging to them.

Does driving a car mean one can't be respectful of nature in other ways? That's some messed up thinking. By the way, I don't own a car and use public transport and bike to get everywhere so I guess that means I don't have to shut up.

P.S. you're = you are ('your' means something else)
P.P.S. Nice photo, but please don't engage in, or support, manhandling wildlife

Media information

Category
Fish
Added by
Luxury_yacht
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media