- Last Activity:
- Dec 9, 2019
- Dec 6, 2012
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Angel Fish, Male, from Tokyo, Japan
- mwerle was last seen:
- Dec 9, 2019
- Home Page:
- Tokyo, Japan
- Certification Agencies:
- NAUI, PADI, SSI
- Dive History:
Darwin, NT, Australia in 1998, and Indonesia.
Various dives between then and 2002 near Brisbane.
Sporadic diving until 2012, when I started diving again on my annual returns to Australia; since then I've been a reasonably active holiday diver.
Highlights were a week on Heron Island (QLD) in 2012, and a long weekend on a liveaboard with Mike Ball out of Cairns in 2014.
Since moving to Tokyo in 2018, I've become very active, diving most weekends.
- Certification History:
* OW (NAUI) in Darwin, NT, AU in Aug 1998
* AOW (NAUI) in Brisbane, QLD, AU in 2001, followed by a wreck-specialty course.
* Nitrox (PADI) in QLD, AU in 2014
* Rescue (SSI) in Tokyo, JP in 2019
* Sidemount (SDI) in Tokyo, JP in 2019
* Solo Diver (SDI) in Tokyo, JP in 2019
* Advanced Nitrox (TDI) in Tokyo, JP in 2019
* Decompression Procedures (TDI) in Tokyo, JP in 2019
- Certification Level:
- Rescue Diver
- # of Logged Dives:
- 200 - 499
- Dive Classification:
- Just An "Average" Diver
- Years Certified:
- Ten Or More Years
Learned to dive in Darwin in 1998, followed by a quick trip to Indonesia. Did my AOW and wreck specialty in 1999/2000 in Brisbane as well as various recreational dives in the area.
- Dive Equipment:
Cressi Travelight BCD, Cressi MC9/XS Compact regulator set,
Snorkel gear, torches, reel, slate.
XDeep Sidemount BCD
Moved to London, UK and only did a handful of dives over the next 10 or so years. Since 2012 doing a dive trip every two years or so mainly when visiting Australia.
Moved to Tokyo in 2018 and diving regularly again (most weekends).