Lodging between WPB and Miami...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been told that my wife's vacation group that they would consent to staying somewhere between WPB and Miami so I can dive. But I have to come up with the place.

In the past we have gone to Myrtle Beach (O' the pain)...........

I have eight total people (3 divers) (3 beach lovers - UGH !!!) and two little kids.

Would prefer a condo but am open to whatever.

What is the board's recommendations.

DD

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea apartment. Great beach and beach dive. Real grocery store.

Lauderdale by the Sea does indeed cater to just your need on a budget, and the shore diving here is the best in the US... you could do a shore dive AND boat dives. We regularly dive from Hibiscus together (it's a smal town) and there's lots going on in the little town. Family just rented a large 2-bedroom for $1,500/week. You can get on the beach for $150-$250/night and motels that aren't too bad are in the $60/night range.

Dive from any of the Pompano Beach operators and you'll be about 10 minutes away from the boat. Call these guys and they'll place you on the one that's doing closest to what you're looking for:
http://www.lighthousedive.com/
101 N. Riverside Drive
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
(954) 788-0208

Don't be bashful about starting a dive yourself at Hibiscus or Datura for a shore dive, or inquire if you want somebody else to while you're here. We do a no-sand shore dive, and the reef is often visited by the dive boats for the second dive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom