What tool do I need to switch my B2 to DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stryker

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have the din connector, but I cannot figure out what kind of wrench or pliers I need to get the yoke connector off...

It is VERY narrow between the nut and the yoke arm... PLEASE HELP!!!

well that is to get the DIN fitting ON... but the problem is I cant get the yoke fitting off... I need some kind of wrench that is very thin on the sides... but needlenose pliers wont work....

If by B2 you mean Atomic, most Atomics use a 1/4" hex key for the DIN adaptor, and a special thin wall 1" socket on the yoke nut, driven by a ratchet drive and extension though the hole where the yoke knob usually goes. You can get the socket from Peter Built www.scubatools.com, or maybe if you are clever (and patient) modify a cheap socket to fit. Both get torqued to 33 ft lbs.

I use a very large adjustable (cresent) wrench and hold the first stage in a vise wrapped in a towel to protect it. the jaws of the wrench will fit around the yoke so you can remove it

Here's another vote for using a large adjustable wrench...worked for me.

Sean P

The BFC Big F Crescent wrench will work... We actually have a special tool which is a thin walled socket that fits there, then after removing the yoke knob, you can get the special tool in through that hole to move the socket... If you're around us, I could do it in about 10 seconds.... If not - go for the big wrench, and hope it's not too tight so you don't round off the corners of the nut... but if you're taking it off anyway... who cares?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom