A contest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be honest this is more like a bribe.I have been scheaduled to be officially OW certified on March 24th, and I need your help. This has been a dream of mine and have had complications getting there. I am finaly going to get it done and when I do I want to celebrate.

This is where you and the $20 come in.
HOW SHOULD I CELEBRATE???
let me know what you think is the most fun or unusual way to celebrate, maybe it was something you did or wish you would have done. The persons Idea that I choose or is simply the best will be the proud owner of a fresh legal $20 usd those of you outside the USA postage may vary..

lets have some fun

ps I don't drink

I can't think of a better way than to sit on the beach that nite with friends, watching the sun go down, and having a Coke or Pepsi (you said you didn't drink!). A "significant other" or temporary substitute would certainly add to the moment.
Good luck!

I didn't even think of celebrating then. Got out of the water, scrapped the snow off the car, and drove seven hours in a storm to get home so I could go to work the next morning.

However, I did leave for Cozumel about 4 days later to celebrate there.

Tom
thats not worth $20 - just .02

nt

And get back in the water!

Is there any other way to celebrate a new OW cert other than doing a dive without having to "demonstrate skills"?

Just go dive where ever you can practice your new skills! And then treat yourself to a fine dinner afterwards, you won't want to cook.

For $20US, with the Aussie dollar the way it is, we could sell you Queensland and throw in the Great Barrier Reef as a bonus. :jester:

Nothing better then making love. Right? So make love. Then go eat a lobster. Then maybe some coconut ice cream with a tablespoon of Kahlua poured over it for dessert. After that, a moon-lit walk on the beach while you look at the stars. Next, you throw off your clothes in the passion of the moment, and go skinny dipping in the warm ocean. Happily, you then walk over to the awaiting jacuzzi and play a bit in there.
Finally, you retire to your huge King size bed, with fresh clean sheets, and your open balcony bringing in the ocean breeze. You fall off to sleep, with thoughts of scuba, dancing in your head ..
:sunny:

Hey Natasha, I think your priorities are mixed up. If it's dark enough to see the stars, you should be doing a NIGHT DIVE! Come to think of it, why not a night dive bug hunt?

Tony,
I swear I thought of a night dive, but not for a newly certified open water diver. I tried to be realistic with my answer.
( big grin )
:sunny:

if you get certified in the tropics. Mine was at 7000 feet in the middle of winter. Snowed all day. Doesn't quite fit the picture.

Detroit - no beaches, we made snow angels in the parking lot during surface time.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom