Dacor Extreme Plus service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i need to be able to buy the service parts ,sending a reg from northern ireland to new york just would not be feasible,and give them to my service tech here.
can you send me an email address for your diveshop in ny so i can contact them?
i will keep searching on the net in the meantime.
thank you very much for your responce,it has given me hope!!! :11:

divenutny:
ScallopDiver235 - My LDS in Portchester, NY is still servicing my Dacors 950's and claims he is still getting parts from Dacor/Mares. Send me a PM if you need the address/phone number. There have been many posts on this topic. Along with a lot of hatred toward Mares (which I totally agree with). Apparently, other LDS's can also get old Dacor parts. Keep calling around, particularly the older shops. I realize it is a bit scary shipping your reg to NY. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers! - Tom

please send me any info you can.
i would need to buy the service parts myself and give them to my service tech to fit as shipping two regs from northern ireland to new york and back again would be silly money!!
thank
you very much ,any help on this matter is appreciated

Not sure I am allowed to place shop names in message, I will send you a PM with the LDS info shortly. The best approach might be asking Cerish. As a Mares/Dacor rep, he might be able to locate a LDS in Ireland or at least closer than NY. I agree that shipping a regulator is not best solution.

Hope you find a workable solution - Tom

cerich:
Hi,

I'm the Southeast/Mid Atlantic sales manager for Mares Dacor Sporasub.

If you will PM me, I can help you thru a local shop.
Best,

Chris

Chris,
have you been able to find out anything since we talked?

thanks,
steve

update...
after talking to Chris several times on the phone he kept telling me from the 1st day that he would get me a set of regs for just a little more than what a service would be plus swap in my old regs. the local Dacor dealer that Chris put me in touch with sent me a price of $342.40 plus tax plus trade in my Extreme Plus regs for the Viper Metal Primary and Viper Octopus. from "normal" LDS retail, i'm sure thats not a bad price but its NOWHERE close to a "little" over what a service would cost me for my Extreme Plus. most of the time i do try to support a LDS but in this case i "could" buy the same thing from Leisurepro for about $325 which is less and NOT trade in my old regs. needless to say, i'm still not happy with Dacor and Mares and at this time would advise anyone not to buy anything with their name on it.

thanks,
steve

DivemasterSteve:
does anyone know where i can get Dacore Extreme Plus regs serviced at? i'm looking for a place that wont rip us off. the problem i have run into is, here in Birmingham Alabama they are telling me that Dacor has quit making parts for the regs and only places that have the kits in stock to service them will be able to. the shop that i "trust" here has told me there will be places that say they can do it but being they wont have the service kits, all they will do is replace a few o rings and clean it and call it serviced and still charge the same. needless to say thats why i want to find a place i can send them to that someone knows can be trusted. i live just outside of Birmingham and will have to ship them to someone to get them serviced.

thanks,
steve
Steve,
My name is Chris and I own Midwest Scuba in St. Charles, MO. I am an authorized Dacor dealer and have a small arsenal of kits for the discontinued Dacor regulators and I have the Dacor Extreme kits. I will replace all parts included in the kit and you can view the kit for yourself. E-mail me back at staff@midwestscuba.net for an estimate.

SHREK:
Steve,
My name is Chris and I own Midwest Scuba in St. Charles, MO. I am an authorized Dacor dealer and have a small arsenal of kits for the discontinued Dacor regulators and I have the Dacor Extreme kits. I will replace all parts included in the kit and you can view the kit for yourself. E-mail me back at staff@midwestscuba.net for an estimate.

This man is the second dealer i have contacted through scubaboard about dacor parts and i have yet to get a responce from either!!If you dont have the parts or dont want to sell them to me please let me know so i can begin looking elsewhere.So far this forum has been a waste of my time,is anyone out there going to change that?

Hi,

I'm the Southeast/Mid Atlantic sales manager for Mares Dacor Sporasub.

No question parts for Dacor regs made before HTM(company that also owns Mares- Mares didn't "buy" Dacor, In fact Mares and Dacor only became the same company in 2003) bought Dacor have been hard to come by. Please understand that once HTM purchased Dacor that the old production was ceased and production began again with new products in Europe. Unfortunatly it hasn't been possible to produce alot of the old Dacor service items.

If you will PM me, I can help you thru a local shop. We are doing all we can to help resolve the parts issues. Unfortunatly many shops are seeing that parts are not available and leaving it at that. A quick call to their rep. and we can make it work for all involved.

Best,

Chris

PS- by the way there were 27 o rings in the Dacor Extreme Plus service kit, the record as far as I know!
Hi Chris. I am sitting in Durban, South Africa, with two Dacor Extreme plus regs which my wife and I have been using since 1994. They have been wonderful and I would love to continue using them. I can get o-ring kits quite easily on e-bay, but I cannot find any HPseats and filters. Would it be possible to put me in contact with somebody who could have some. I would want to buy at least 2 of each, but 4 of each if available. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards. Rob

Hi Chris. I am sitting in Durban, South Africa, with two Dacor Extreme plus regs which my wife and I have been using since 1994. They have been wonderful and I would love to continue using them. I can get o-ring kits quite easily on e-bay, but I cannot find any HPseats and filters. Would it be possible to put me in contact with somebody who could have some. I would want to buy at least 2 of each, but 4 of each if available. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards. Rob

This is the mother of all thread resurrections! I'm no longer with Mares, in fact since then I spent a couple years with Oceanic and now am selling EDGE/HOG.

I can't think offhand who may have parts in stock. Sorry.:depressed:

Back
Top Bottom