Interesting last names

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once went to a customer site to work on something. I was introduced to the manager, who was from an country somewhere in the middle or far east.
I can't tell you exactly how he spells his name, but this is how it was pronounced as he was introduced to me.

"hello, this is 'ya-shook my-boo-bunny' "

I went, "you shook my 'what' ?!?!?"

That's the weirdest name I'd hever heard. I wish I still had his business card.

I sell medical products and used to call on a nursing home in central Georgia.

The Director of Nursing was Candy Graham and the Asst. Director of Nursing was Cookie Crum.

True.

My last name is "Caraccia" meaning, I think "little dear one" or something like that. I went to school with a girl named "Angel Fish"

I served on a jury for a man charged with possesion of marijuana and cultivation,
his name was Stoneking. Guilty :smash:

I don't know one, but "Winterbottom" still cracks me up :D

hehehe....winterbottom.....

Sorry to revive this thread but:

I knew a guy in highschool named Randy Ramsbottom. His nickname became Sheep's A s s.

And I, too was on a flight with Captain Kirk. Apparently I was the only one on the plane who got the joke.

I knew another guy in high school with the last name Doe. His father's name was John.

The best one: my dad's oncologist's name was Dr. Hack

I knew several people in my school with very randowm names..we had lucas flem.. mustapha reezon..carl cusion (i always used to think if whoopi goldberg was to mary carl cusion!!) hahaha....
However Ive always thought my last name was the worst...Marsland. Yep I´ve had all the jokes!!!

I used to work with a fellow introduced to me as But Face (spelled a bit differently) and either part was commonly used alone as well. It was probably a year before I could refer to him by name or knew what his birth name actually was it was so universally used. As he was in a somewhat managerial position and answered to all three, answer the phone, “But.”, I thought it was all very odd. Eventually I learned how the name came about and became quite used to it myself. And, I’d get a chuckle remembering my initial reaction; at the startled look when hearing one used in the presence of ‘outsiders’.

While I was working as a police officer, I went on a suspicious person call at a residence. The report came out that an unknown oriental man was at a female caller's door ringing the door bell. Upon my arrival the guy was gone, however the caller gave me a good description of him and I soon located him a few doors down from my caller's house. When I caught up with him and asked for his ID, I read it and his name on it read: "Ding Dang Dong."

There was a Dr. Payne. He may have been a dentist. There was also an Officer Falduti (sp? I don't remember) on the police force - it sounds like "foul duty."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom