Finally Starting OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rpayne

Registered
Reaction score
Well after 6 month of reading and studying I've finally signed up for my OW. I start this coming Saturday. I'm both excited and nervous at the same, but I believe I'm as prepared as a person could possible be, except for I could use to loose some weight. But I sure a lot of divers say that too. Hopefully soon I'll be more that just an armchair diver.

Rob

Good luck to you Rob. It will be a great experience so don't you worry. All the great excitement of the sport will help you overcome any nervousness you may have. Enjoy!

Welcome to one great hobby! We are all here to answer any questions
you may have on your way to certification. This is a great place to meet
up with dive buddies and up coming diving events.
Keep in touch and I look forward to diving with you some day!

Welcome to the board. Scuba was the one thing that motivated me to lose some weight! Good luck to you, and enjoy.

DavidPT40:
Have you done your pool training yet?

Thanks everyone for your words of encouagement. No I havn't done my pool training yet that what I start on Saturday...

Again Thanks everyone

Rob

Rob, I don't know how your agency will go about the training, but if you are going to be taking your last couple of certification dives in an environment unlike your confined water dives, try to replicate the diving rig that you will be wearing when you take your "check out" dives.

Some LDS's will hold the confined water classes in pools and then take their students to springs, lakes or someother environment where different exposure protection is needed. In cases like this the student can have a difficult time with buoyancy issues, especially neoprene compression.

6 months of studying and reading is far more than most of my students ever did. You should do great!

rpayne:
Well after 6 month of reading and studying I've finally signed up for my OW. I start this coming Saturday. I'm both excited and nervous at the same, but I believe I'm as prepared as a person could possible be, except for I could use to loose some weight. But I sure a lot of divers say that too. Hopefully soon I'll be more that just an armchair diver.

Rob
Glad to hear you are finally able to get started. Remember, if you have any questions feel free to ask both in class and here on scubaboard.

jbd:
Glad to hear you are finally able to get started. Remember, if you have any questions feel free to ask both in class and here on scubaboard.

Thanks and I will, I'm looking forward to it more and more everyday. I'm also finally going to get to try out all that equipment I bought back in December... :)
I'll try and keep everyone posted on how it goes.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom