Visiting kentucky may 13-14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrider52

Reaction score
Hello,

Some how i found this forum :dazzler1:

My brother and i are going to be in area for a ACRA Truck race on May 14th and was lloking for a local place to dive maybe friday the 13th ( wow didnt think about that 13th ) around 3 to 5 PM making 2 tank dives we have all equipment. I see theres a place called falling rock quarry and info on max depth , vis, temp & direction or a website to visit ? Is there any other spots ?? think i saw someone say something about BS ? not sure what that is but will be searching after i post this.

Well thanks ahead of time and sorry about spelling and long parg, im not an english major :crafty:

p.s. 1 of us is masterdiver and other advance with alot of specilaties and we both dive nitrox.

Thanks again Kevin

reefrider52:
Hello,

Some how i found this forum :dazzler1:

My brother and i are going to be in area for a ACRA Truck race on May 14th and was lloking for a local place to dive maybe friday the 13th ( wow didnt think about that 13th ) around 3 to 5 PM making 2 tank dives we have all equipment. I see theres a place called falling rock quarry and info on max depth , vis, temp & direction or a website to visit ? Is there any other spots ?? think i saw someone say something about BS ? not sure what that is but will be searching after i post this.

Well thanks ahead of time and sorry about spelling and long parg, im not an english major :crafty:

p.s. 1 of us is masterdiver and other advance with alot of specilaties and we both dive nitrox.

Thanks again Kevin

Welcome!
There will be some divers at Falling Rock Scuba Park that weekend.
It is about 20 minutes north of Louisville in LaGrange. Max depth of
around 40' and contains sunken boats and a police car. Joe, the owner
does not have a web site but directions can be found on this link,

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=29411&highlight=falling+rock+directions

There is no fill station so plan ahead on tanks. I'm going to try to make
it out there Sunday. Hope to see you there!

The area? Depending on what part of the state you're in there's several different places to dive. Is it Louisville you're talking about? In that case Joe's Quarry aka Falling Rock Park is the closest place. If you're going to be in Western KY then there's Cerulean and Mermet (in Ill). Happy to help, but more info please. The BS mentioned is Blue Springs and is about 2 hours from Louisville, just outside Indy. I'll try to put the hyperlinks of all that I mentioned in here (Joe has no website, as Chris mentioned).

Mermet springs

Cerulean

Uh, I couldn't find the web page for Blue Springs... has it changed? Anyone? Anyone?

Falling Rock would be the closest to Sparta. South on I-71. Take exit 22(Ky 53) at LaGrange.

Typically Falling Rock is not open on Friday's.

It is open Sundays. If that's an option.

Ok, I just had a "duh" moment. There will be some people from this board there that weekend, but I don't know when they're going and I don't think any of them are diving, they'll just be there camping... talk to one of them. The thread is Joe Clark's Quarry May 13-15

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom