A hero amongst us

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The article just came out in Our Home paper.... I will see if my hubby can scan it for me so I can display it here.

Thanks for all your support and kind words... :07:

Vickie:
I also missed this until now.

Wow!

Jessi you are an amazing girl.

I have something to tell you. I have a 17 year old son named Jesse David.

I just went to college night with him 2 nights ago.

During college night, the recruiters said over and over again, that they are looking for 'leadership and originality' if you're hoping to go to one of their colleges.

Tell your Mom to print this and save it. It will be great added to your college resume.

You are indeed an original leader.

God Bless you. You are going to go very far in life!

:balloon

Way to go Jessi...... :wave-smil: You did a wonderful and caring thing by jumping in and pulling her to safety. I hope that she (and her mom) realizes what you did for her. You just saved a person's life and did it bravely and with out selfishness or hesitation.

I am very proud of you and I'm sure that the whole SB family feels that same way. :bang:

Wildbill:cop_2:

I've had some people want to know the out come with the little girl. The newspaper said that the mother started yelling at her little daughter and blaming her for everything. (I think at that point all I would want to do is hold my child close to my heart and be glad she was still alive) Turns out everytime this little kid came to my house and asked for food and water (dumb me didn't put 2 and 2 together) this was actually her source of daily nutrition needs. As terrible as the event was for this beautiful little child, I am so thankful it happened. The bitter sweet ending to this is that the little girl and her 4 yr old bother are now thriving in a foster home being fed daily, and loved. The Monster......ooops, I mean mother was taken to jail the night of the incedent.

God truly has a way of working things out, just when you think all is wrong in society, he forces us to the bigger picture. This child had to almost lose her life in order to get it back.

Jessica you're awsome!

baitedstorm:
Here's Jessica receiving an award from Sgt. Smith (who is also my mother) and Captain Graves. I believe she will receive her Life Saver award from our Sheriff next quarter.

I just wanted to say thank you for everyones encouraging words. I printed them out for her so we can read them when she starts feeling sad. I really love you guys.... :07:

outcome all the way around.

Give her a hug for me.

Randy

baitedstorm:
I've had some people want to know the out come with the little girl. The newspaper said that the mother started yelling at her little daughter and blaming her for everything. (I think at that point all I would want to do is hold my child close to my heart and be glad she was still alive) Turns out everytime this little kid came to my house and asked for food and water (dumb me didn't put 2 and 2 together) this was actually her source of daily nutrition needs. As terrible as the event was for this beautiful little child, I am so thankful it happened. The bitter sweet ending to this is that the little girl and her 4 yr old bother are now thriving in a foster home being fed daily, and loved. The Monster......ooops, I mean mother was taken to jail the night of the incedent.

God truly has a way of working things out, just when you think all is wrong in society, he forces us to the bigger picture. This child had to almost lose her life in order to get it back.

Jessi, you did a courageous and wonderful thing. I am so proud of you, and I don't even know you. Your parents have done an excellent job raising a wonderful kid! If you ever need a dive buddy, let me know, I would be honored to dive with you, I don't care how old you are!

P.S. Happy Mothers Day to your mom!

I've never met Jessi, but having met both of her parents, it does not suprise me that she is naturally helpful and very comfortable in the water. Congratulations to Jessi for such brave and appropriate action, and congratulations to Baitedstrom and Murphdiver for doing such a great job raising such an inspirational kid!!!!

i'm a 51 year old DM and would love to have Jessi as my dive buddy when she gets certified.

Jessi you did a GREAT thing darlin, you are a little angel and i'm sure that other girl will never forget what you did for her.

Steve

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom