Florida girl moving west!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Scott. I'll get in touch with you once I get out there. I thought I would also check out Craig's list as suggested above. I went to that board while searching for a place to live and was impressed by some of the things the site had to offer. I'll keep my options open until I get out there, though! (Or, perhaps I could just brave the first dive in my 5mm....BRRRrrr....)

boomx5:
Hi Rebecca,

Before you decide to "pull the trigger" on a new suit, PM me and I'll see if I can help get you a good deal on a new DUI. :)

OrlandoRogue:
Thanks, Scott. I'll get in touch with you once I get out there. I thought I would also check out Craig's list as suggested above. I went to that board while searching for a place to live and was impressed by some of the things the site had to offer. I'll keep my options open until I get out there, though! (Or, perhaps I could just brave the first dive in my 5mm....BRRRrrr....)

5mm is too thin, it won't work. You would walk in, and then turn around and walk right out again. Your 5mm suit will only work for dive travel to cooler water locations (Hawaii or Florida in winter, etc). If that is what you plan to do, then keep it. Otherwise selling it before you leave Florida is a better idea. California is the land of drysuits for local diving and 3mm wetsuits for dive travel.

When you do buy a drysuit, you should special order it. For little or no extra cost, this gives you a perfectly fitting suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom