New to Japan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WillHarm

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Iv been away from the board a long time (6 monts) Mean time I have moved to Japan with the US Navy. I am stationed on NAF Atsugi in Kanagawa, Ayase-shi. So yeah, now I need some dive buddies. Any one. I've been out to the water way too long. I'm PADI open water with most of my dive in Cuba. Also dove in Palma, Spain and Sothern Cali. I guess what I'm getting at is I need some one with some patience (not much though)
My wife is also wanting to learn to dive, finally. We are trying to plan a trip to Okinawa soon, and Austrailia this winter. Thanks in advance for all the help. Scubaboard has never let me down so I know it won't now. By the way I have been in Japan almost 5 months and my wife and I both love it. This place is great, anyone know where an American can get a job after leaving the Navy to stay here!
Thanks again

Welcome to Japan. Can help you out with anything you need in Okinawa, feel free to contact me by PM. Even have some friends down in Australia, where you plan on going down there?

Welcome to Japan and hope to meet you soon.

Thanks Nori for posting the link to Mar Scuba.

Send me an e-mail, I have one or two customers from your area.

Cheers,

Welcome to the board...

Now that the weather is warming up, the Zen Divers should be gaining activity. At JUE, we have been diving the entire winter. We just had a great weekend at Osezaki. It's warm enough now for most people to dive with wetsuits, if the air is warm. Water is like 17 to 19C right now.

Enjoy the board in general and the Zen Divers area...

Thanks for everyone who has replied, and I can't wait to dive here. Last night i was getting my camera ready, and I broke one the latches that holds the back on. So now I have to get the rest of the screw out of the body with out messing up the case. I'll get it though. I am wanting to get in water within the next 2 weeks. Also 2 guys i work with are wanting to dive. We can seem to find any maps that can get us to close dive sites. I also can't seem to find maps getting to Izu Peninsula. Thanks again sorry for the ramble, I'm just really excited to be diving agian.
Willie

Some great diving and loads of buddies around - look forward to seeing you in the water soon!

WillHarm:
I also can't seem to find maps getting to Izu Peninsula.
Willie

Get on a train serving the Tokyo - Osaka run. Get off at Atami. Walk downhill 'til you hit water. Walk in either direction and you will find a diving service. However, they may not speak English.

As others have said above, you ought to start out with Mar or JUE, at least until you get the lay of the land and try a few sites. You'll also meet some great people and potential diving buddies.

Back
Top Bottom