Aruba, my first night dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alashas:
Seven of us visited Aruba in March, and arranged a week’s worth of dives with Clive Paula of http://www.divearuba.com Clive was highly recommended by numerous divers, and we were not disappointed in the least!

Hi how have you been? This is Bob. I was in Aruba the same week that you guys were there. Night dives are cool and things do look different at night. Hope that all is well.

Happy diving!
Bob

padi1029:
Can anyone help me with equipment needs for diving in Aruba. This is my first trip to the Caribbean (and first warm water dive for that matter). I live in Northeast US and dive off east coast so I typically dive with the cold water wreck diver set-up (dry suit, heavy gloves, open heel fins with boots, steel tanks with mixed gas, lots of "D" rings with toys attached, etc.) I have been diving off and on for over 10 years with this type of gear and now find myself having difficulty trying to determine what I will need, what I can do without and what I am better off renting once I get there. Also, can anyone offer any input on "Red Sail Sports" ? They are the dive operator at the resort where I will be staying. Thanks

Here's what I take to Bonaire.

3MM shorty and 1.5MM full. I'll dive the 3MM, and switch to the full if I start to feel cold towards the end of the trip. Never needed to wear them together. Reg, computer, and prescription mask go in my carryon. Booties and open heel fins for shore diving(if you plan to do all boat dives, anythig will do), bc, snorkle, lights(2, one midsize, one small for backup), camera, and any other little doodads I might need go in a checked bag. If the bag is lost, as has happened to me, your gear you carried will be enough to save the trip. Think light. I dive in the NE as well and am still amazed at the small amount of gear needed to dive warm water, so leave the heavy stuff at home. Feel fre to pm me if you have further questions.

Jet

Hello Bob!

Great to hear from you! We all regretted that we neglected to get your address after your last dive with Clive and our family, and it's great to get caught up with you on the ScubaBoard!

Aruba diving was a great experience and my brother, Tim, enjoyed the island so much that he is seriously considering moving there if his wife can find a teaching job.

We leave next week for our anniversary celebration in Fiji, and are really looking forward to some great diving....

Cheers, Larry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom