Women of the world, support today's Indy race!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711:
That's what Robby Gordon was saying - change the rules so the cars ARE equal.

in horse racing, the horses are given a weight allowance that includes the rider.

that selects for small, thin, riders

I had no idea you found F1 drivers 'handsome', Andy. Hmmm..... :)

Anyway - F1 drivers average between 65 and 75 kg (or between 140 and 165 lbs.) Champ Car drivers average between 150 and 175 or so. NASCAR drivers, on the other hand, can be as pudgy as Jimmy Spencer at 230.

H2Andy:
in horse racing, the horses are given a weight allowance that includes the rider.

that selects for small, thin, riders

Exactly - and no one complains about it, or calls such a policy sexist. But when a driver calls upon the sanctioning series to institute a similar policy, he gets called "afraid" by folks on Scubaboard??? :rolleyes:

Anyway - my points been made. Time to let this thread die, I think.

Boogie711:
I had no idea you found F1 drivers 'handsome', Andy. Hmmm..... :)

my *wife* is always ooing and cooing about them ...

her favorite is still Senna

Boogie711:
I simply find it ludicrous that anyone would show up this year to call upon the "Women of the World" to support the Indy race.

Dude, two things : 1-you have got to breathe! I don't want you to have a heart attack.
2-you are too serious for your own good, relax! Remember, IT IS NOT PERSONAL

It is obvious that you like the sound of your own voice (or in this case, letters :wink: ). The intention of this thread was never to be a pulpit for the experts of Indy or wathever the racing abbreviations. It was just a comment, a comment to have fun with. You took something trivial and meaningless and blew it out of proportion and took it out of context. All for one reason: to appear here as an expert in what you thought was an important issue. But guess what... is it not!!! Now pause for a sec and evaluate if it was beneficial ,in any way, the waste of energy. You gotta learn to pick your fights.

Stop for a second... can you hear yourself? Can you? Why? You are wrestling, but with yourself. There's no need. I'm sure Mr. Gordon did not hire you as his advocate So... where's the need, where's the big offense? There's none. Do not lose perspective.

Now, if you want me to concede "victory" to you, basically because you think you can bark harder, that's just fine with me, especially if that makes you happy and I can prevent you from having a myocardial infarction: Boogie, you're the man! You've won. Congrats! Have a nice life!... and always remember not to take things personal... and also to breathe.

I just hope, seriously, that this is character you're playing. And even if it is... you might be taking it a liiiiittle too far.

Peace Boogie, peace... for real, peace.

One more thing... GO DANICAAAAAAA!!!
Women of the world support Danicaaaaaaaaa!!!

I must ask, how many watched the Indy 500 back when Lyn St. James drove? If it wasn't for Janet Guthrie and Lyn St. James, Danica wouldn't be there. IMHO, the Indy 500 of today is not as technically difficult as when Guthrie and St. James drove.

Oh, by the way, let's see if Danica will ever try to drive at Le Mans.

speaking of which, can you call yourself a race driver if you haven't finished
at the Monaco GP?

LeMans is tough, though... man, i was born too poor and with no racing skills :17:

how about the old Nuremburgring circuit?

So Robby Gordon is too fat to race Indy cars. Who cares about Robby Gordon. Remember those nascar drivers are a bunch of good ole boys. Gotta have an excuse when a woman is faster than they are.

Gordon is hardly too fat to race Indy Cars. As you may know, he's done the double at Indy and the Coke 600 twice now. He didn't try this year because George moved the start time of the Indy race.

Back
Top Bottom