Ikelite D70 ittl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gianster

Contributor
Reaction score
I am on the waiting list for the d70 ittl housing, Website says available in May. My LDS tells me it could be June maybe even July. I am wondering that since I live in Ohio there is not much demand here and will ship to other parts of the country first where scubadiving is more of a past time. Anyone out there on the waiting list? When is suspected arrival date?

Design and testing went fine. Delay now is getting circuit boards and component parts. End of May looking looking shaky, but surely June is okay. Shipments are in the order they were placed.............

ike:
Design and testing went fine. Delay now is getting circuit boards and component parts. End of May looking looking shaky, but surely June is okay. Shipments are in the order they were placed.............

Awesome !

We have two on order and two other people interested (including me).

I just saw a bunch of amazing picks from a friend who we got a Canon housing for using TTL and the DS125 and I have to say the Ikelite product was outstanding -

Hat's of to Ikelite, while swamped they have been nothing but polite to us everytime we called them to try and speed things up, which is a true testimonial to their company.

(PS - Ike - Sandy has been stunning in her customer service work with us)

Ikelite has some very fine employees, many of them have stuck with the numb nutz old geezer for over thirty years............

Hello,

Wondering if there are any updates on the ship date? Sources now say July. I'll be placing my order tomorrow! The D70s and DS 125 will be here tomorrow, so it's like I'll be all dressed up and no place to go (least not underwater).

Also, a question on ports. I'll be starting with the 18-70mm kit lens. The port for this lens is a bit long for other lenses I might consider in the future. I'm wondering what effect using a port which is a bit too long for the lens may have on image quality? I'm new at the UW SLR game, having graduated from the Fantasea/Coolpix 4300 rig.

Thanks,

Josh

jumsted65:
Hello,

Wondering if there are any updates on the ship date? Sources now say July.

Josh

We would also love an update as last week when we called all we got was ummmmm...

Dive Source:
We would also love an update as last week when we called all we got was ummmmm...
Tom @ Ikelite just replied to my email. He says backorders will begin to ship 6/30. Orders will be filled in the order in which they were received.

I was chatting with Ike just the other day. I inquired about the availability of the housing as the website said June. We both had a bit of a chuckle about it when he said June 30 - still being true to their word despite being the last day of the month.

I handled the new iTTL D70 housing at Seaspace last weekend.

The iTTL module is mounted vertically on the left side of the camera instead of horizontally under the camera like Canon eTTL. It's an available space situation.

The nice thing about the location is that you should be able to work all the buttons with your left thumb without your hand leaving the handle like you have to do with the Canon version.

Karl

kdietz:
I handled the new iTTL D70 housing at Seaspace last weekend.

The iTTL module is mounted vertically on the left side of the camera instead of horizontally under the camera like Canon eTTL. It's an available space situation.

The nice thing about the location is that you should be able to work all the buttons with your left thumb without your hand leaving the handle like you have to do with the Canon version.

Karl
Karl, how about the position of the bulkhead? Is it still in the way like the Canon housing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom