War of the Worlds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really enjoyed it too, i just accepted the guy had died and was happy with this outcome, shame really they went all hollywood and happy. In my opinion they were shown the movie through Cruise's eyes which is why alot is not explained, simply because Cruise's character didn't know. If you really want to know anything about the actual aliens you may as well read the book (which has a short ending aswell). Best movie i've seen in a long time, i mentioned this too my mate, i really enjoyed batman begins, but after i saw it it just made me question why i didn't think it was a great movie, way too many plot holes that one.

JustAddWater:
Was it worth all that jumping up and down on Oprah's couch?

Who is Oprah and how do you know that someone jumped up and down on her couch???? Unless Oprah is a family friend.

It said at the end of the movie that the aliens died of the most common human bacteria. Whatever that is? Something in the blood they took from I guess.

Anyway they showed trailers King Kong and Narnia before our movie and they both look GREAT!

Natasha:
Anyway they showed trailers King Kong and Narnia before our movie and they both look GREAT!
I think somewhere recently in the Whine and Cheeze forum there was a thread about how recent movies are lacking in originality and how most movies now are adapted from prior books, movies, or televisions series. I think it might be about time to revive that thread.

I seen it yesterday. Loved it!
I thought the son should have died though...

Haven't seen this remake. I have a hard time with Spielberg. Nevertheless, it was the indigenous bacteria on old planet earth that did them in.

must say I was totally disappointed by this movie.
The original was much better

ScubaFreak:
must say I was totally disappointed by this movie.
The original was much better

I'm with you, completely disappointed.

On a side note, you would think that Speilberg would know not to have Cruise attempt to try anything that has to do with baseball after watching him swing a softball bat in "A Few Good Men".

The part where he was playing catch with his son was embarrassing.........

Back
Top Bottom