London bombs: This is not looking good...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish:
To think these cockroches live among us, in America and England, enjoying our freedoms, makes me very angry.The World needs to stand together and have a GLOBAL WAR against terrorism. Sadly, it will not.

I called my Aunt in Croydon, London a few hours ago and all my family there was fine. The British government will take a lot of heat for this. Something harsh needs to be done in response to this but I don't know what that is.

Around the end of May in the streets of London there was a demonstration against the government's stand on terrorism. I bet they wish they had rounded up the whole crowd for a little questioning then, too late now.

'... We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender ...'

Winston Churchill
June 4, 1940

pilot fish:
To think these cockroches live among us, in America and England, enjoying our freedoms, makes me very angry.The World needs to stand together and have a GLOBAL WAR against terrorism. Sadly, it will not.

I called my Aunt in Croydon, London a few hours ago and all my family there was fine. The British government will take a lot of heat for this. Something harsh needs to be done in response to this but I don't know what that is.
Ironic that the ex-mayor of NYC was less than a block away from the first bomb that went off today.

Thank God for the terrorists incompetence once again as it appears two additional bombs had been planted and failed to detonate or the death toll could have been much higher.

TheDom:
My prayers go out to the victims and their families.

I also pray you're right. Spain was a major victory for Al Qaeda, I hope the British have more resolve.

You dont want to worry about that. We're a stubborn bunch and we dont react well to bullying fanatics. We also bounce back pretty quick.

I've been in touch with all my mates in London so know they're all ok, but my thoughts are definately with the friends and families of the dead and injured. Somehow its harder to rationalise and 'deal' with this while I'm over here. Something to do with community grief or support or empathy? Dunno.

Si

Condolences to families affected, I hope this unites all the nations to fight the war against terror, wherever they may be training/hiding. Get them, before they come to your local hometown.........

dlndavid:
Around the end of May in the streets of London there was a demonstration against the government's stand on terrorism. I bet they wish they had rounded up the whole crowd for a little questioning then, too late now.

I saw the same type of junk while I was in London a few years ago in some demonstration they were having to protest something. It's almost as if the people in that demonstration get on a plane and come here to demonstrate. Something familar about all of them, ugly and spineless. We need to rethink things, and our lack of an immigration policy. England too.

Simon L:
You dont want to worry about that. We're a stubborn bunch and we dont react well to bullying fanatics. We also bounce back pretty quick.

I've been in touch with all my mates in London so know they're all ok, but my thoughts are definately with the friends and families of the dead and injured. Somehow its harder to rationalise and 'deal' with this while I'm over here. Something to do with community grief or support or empathy? Dunno.

Si

We stand beside you against the terrorists.

pilot fish:
Was Bill talking about the way Saadam killed thousands of his own people, or how the insurgents have killed many tens of thousands of men women and children?

Here is a more accurate count.
http://www.iraqbodycount.net/database/

Hey have a great trip.

Your country and mine enjoy many freedoms including free speech. When we accept people from other country's we give them the same rights even if we don't agree with what they say. If we do try to stifle there voices it makes us no better than the terrorist. We should be careful not to lower our standards to there level if we do all is lost.

Back
Top Bottom