Are Atomic Regs really worth the money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Are Atomic's regs really worth the price of admission. At my LDS the T1x is in the neighborhoos of $1600....compared to $350 for a really nice Apeks reg from Dive Inn. What are everyone's thoughts?

Save the extra $ and use it buy yourself a drysuit, UW video system, or Helios canister light to go along with your Apeks regs.

Why would you spend 1600 hard earned bucks on a reg? Especially when the $350 ones are being trusted to do all the really extreme diving, ie the WKPP's work. If anyone was going to pick the best regs out there, it would be them, and I'm sure they've considered them ALL.

I agree...Apeks regs are going to be hard to beat when you consider they can be had at very affordable prices. They're high performance and they come with an extremely good reputation. I don't doubt the Atomics are great regs too but $1600.00 is way too much money IMO to spend on a reg man.

Apeks are far more better regs. than the Atomics. They are also tested under far more demanding situations. From extreme depths to caves and ice dives!

BTW Apeks ATX200 breathes far more better then any Atomic. Atomic has also titanium characteristics that i really dislike.

Apeks Rules!

Xerxes

Apeks, Zeagle or Poseidon are better choices depending on your needs.

Also if you are going to dive cold water the environmental kit for the Atomic consists of loading the first stage with $30 worth of Crystal Lube and attaching a rubber band style membrane around the open port holes. ( not much else you can do with a this style of piston reg.)

The Apeks and Zeagle are balanced diaphrams with an excellent enviromental kit ( load transmitter and secondary diaphram)

Support a local shop and Buy an Apeks or a Zeagle.

Hmm every thing that I have read says atomics are one of the best breathers? You can get a Z1 non titanium atomic for about the same price as that apeks! I know everyone here seems to like apeks but there are other regs that work as good or better.
And there is no shops that I know around here that sells apeks?
I have not even seen one yet!
My 2 cents Rick L

I dove with a guy last weekend that had Atomics...he lived. I like my Apeks just fine too...

Back
Top Bottom