Blackbeards Oct 22-28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryoung99

Registered
Reaction score
Just booked a trip, anyone else going on these dates?

After reading everyones reviews of their trips, I have to give it a try. When I take vacations all I want to do is dive anyways. Everything else is done to kill time between dives, so Blackbeards sounded perfect.

The adventure sounds to great to pass up.

Thank you one and all for all the insight you provided on this trip, I was able to get a main salon bed (and the ear plugs are already packed).

Just curious, I read the shelf was 3' x 10", that seem pretty good sized. Anyone ever take a laptop with them? It is pretty small and can easily have things stacked on it? Also do cell phones work on the cruise? I hope not, as I am suppose to have mine with me 24/7 and it is always nice to go somewhere where they do not work.

Look forward to hearing from any others that might be going on this trip as well.

Rick

i went with them in May of 02 and there were several people that had laptops with them to download their pics on so that is not a problem at all. now for the good news... your cell phone should work for maybe an hour or so after you leave and then quit till you get back within an hour or so of getting back, at least thats how mine was then. there were a couple of crew members that also had cell phones and they started using them when we got close to getting back but couldnt use them while over there. so just tell your boss or whoever they are out of luck keeping in touch with you and enjoy all the diving. in my opinion for the money, you cant beat the trip.

steve

Chances are you're going to the Bimini area. There is a cell phone tower in or near Bimini, but it depends on who your service provider is as to whether it will work or not.

Not all US cell providers have roaming agreements with Batelco, the Bahamian phone company, because of fraud problems there. I know that Verizon doesn't, but I think that Bellsouth does. Expect very high roaming rates.

Sweet,
Thanks for the info. The laptop will double as my DVD player as well. (since I am not a big fan of reading).

I carry all of my underwater photos on the laptop from dives all over the world, with quite a bit of streaming video as well. So I am sure the other divers will like the photo-show.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom