My C-5050 may be broke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdb:
Thanks for the info. I will have to think about sending mine in, $200 is right at that point where it may be better to just upgrade???
your welcome sir, thats exactly what i was thinking. if i do upgrade then i will have a housing that i will need to get rid of but i'm sure there are plenty of people that would be interested in buying one, LOL at least i would think so anyway.

steve

My C-3040 developed a problem. When I turned the camera on the lens would extend , but then immediately retract and start beeping. Took the camera in to check if they could be fixed and they quoted me $290 to fix. I found another solution.

I bought the Oly
Evolt E-300
for $800.

I figure it only cost me $500 because I would have had to spend $300 to repair the old one. Now I have to get the PT-E01 housing and lens housings. (About $1500 I hope.)

btw - Oly told me they will be discontiinuing the c8080 soon, which is why I made the jump and spent the extra $200 for hte E-300

i called and talked to them right after i posted earlier this evening. they couldnt tell me what was wrong with my camera other than it would be fixed after i paid the $200. to me that isnt right, like i told the lady... i would like to know if it was something we did where we would make sure we didnt do it again. all she could say was there was no way for her to find out what it was other than what they said in the letter which was nothing. i then asked her did they have a trade in policy where i could upgrade my camera. she said they did and named several cameras that they would take mine in on trade for and the C-7070 was one of them. she said they would keep my camera and for another $375 they would send me the C-7070. i told her i would think about it. i then got on my computer and searched and found a place including shipping that had the C-7070 for $355 so needless to say, i ordered it and then told OlympusAmerica.com to send my old camera back without fixing it. after i get it back i will then decide what to do with it and the housing i have for it.

steve

Back
Top Bottom