Bottom Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Octo-Danny

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm Looking for a bottom timer for deep trimix dives (deeper than 100m'). I'm not looking for an old computer to be used as a bottom timer but for something that could be found on the market for my fellow divers to find also.
Also it has to be a bottom timer only and not a computer like the NiTek 3 or The Vyper.

Thanks!

I guess that only leaves you the Uwatec/OMS Bottom Timer. Good the 328 fsw. The Vyper goes deeper and is PC downloadable. It also makes a great BT

Eric

Hi Eric

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately as you stated the OMS/Uwatec as so many others go only to 100 m' (328 feet) and the vyper and nitek 3 and some other computers do go deeper bur they are computeres and are not worthy of buying and selling as bottom timers as it comes to the cost.

There is the Mares Apeniest which goes to 150 m' and even has time in seconds but it's max bottom time is 99 min which is not enough for a trimix dive.

Danny

Danny,

That is why a lot of guys use the Nitek3/Vyper for deep stuff and then use it as a computer for the non-mix dives. Or, guys buy the Uwatec BT and a ironman for tracking time. If you can, go to flea markets or see if you can find the old Uwatec Bottom Timers (also called Buechat) They go to 999. If you can find them, get as many as you can.

Eric

Danny,

Have you decided what to go with?
Eric

PS - you could also look at the Abyss Explorer or the VR3 from OMS

Hi Eric,
I haven't decided yet. I have the NItek 3 which is a bottom timer for 200 m. This is why I don't want to buy a new computer so quickly. I'm still looking for a bottom timer neto. It's also important for the club I work in to bring something that is available on the market so other divers could buy it.
Since my club owner used to import Scubapro and Beuchat gear we're looking into finding leftovers of their bottomless bottom timers.
About the Abyss explorer, The club I work with is Abyss' representative in Israel so I've been following it's development step by step with almost daily e-mails from Chris Paret. Since no intensive diveing has been done so far on the Abyss explorer we're still waiting for some outside reviews. About the OMS - it has no representatives here so, so far not possible.

Thanks for your interest.

Danny

To all who is interested I found the bottom timer.

The new beuchat MCD II is compatible for dep dives beyond 100 m' (even though not published in the site. The data was given directly by the manufactor)

Danny

Danny,

Can you e-mail me (or post here) the response from Beuchat.

Thanks, Brad

bgilmore@atomox.net

Hi Danny,
I have been following your search with some interest. I am also looking for a depth gauge/bottom timer for the deeper dives. Will you email me the info from Beuchat? Thanks.

Joe
admin@alpha-omega-roofing.com

I never tried one, so I don't know how reliable they are, but last week at Walmart I saw some watches by Casio that were rated for 200 meters. About 40 bucks. Manual start and stop though. But the elapsed time mode could be used for a bottom timer.

Not recommending it. I don't know enough about them. But a thought.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom