Diver fatality on Corpus oil rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prayers to the friends and family...

I was just out with Keith and a couple of other guys at a platform 3 weeks ago. This is depressing. I have been out with the boat owner a number of times and Keith and the other two(I dont spearfish) had an incredible haul. Best since owner bought the boat.

Really sorry to hear about Keith. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

While I didn't know this diver personaly I received a call letting me know that he had been hurt a few days ago. My Bro-Inlaw knew him well and had been his instr. What I heard from a couple of divers that knew the details of his dives and death was that he made one dive to 90 ft dive then another dive on trimix to 240. From what I understand the 240 depth was not what was planned for the dive. It wasn't clear to me and I didn't ask for exact details but it also sounded like he made an additional dive to 90 ft or so after the 240 ft dive. Back on board the boat he reported problems and requested o2 which was not aval, the coast guard was contacted and he was airlifted out. It was reported to me that he had an embolism which resulted in brain death.

My best wishes and hopes for the family,
Geek

My source told me the first and third dives were on air.

[My source told me the first and third dives were on air.]

Thats what I understood as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom