Cairns Day Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Advice please - other than go on a live aboard! Not an option unless we take the mother-in-law so I'm looking for suggestions for interesting diving trips for the day from Cairns.

I will be in Cairns the last two weeks in September and hope to get some diving in!

Cheers
Jonathan

The nicest day trip i did in cairns was on ocean spirit to michaelmas cay. The coral gardens off the cay were the best i have ever seen, many giant clams and acres of the most colorful coral and the coral starts right at the waters edge. Michaelmas cay is also home to 27000 nesting birds. its quite wild and beautiful.

I'll be looking that one up - thanks

Any more ideas anyone? Come on I do hope to get more than one pass in two weeks :D

www.divingcairns.com list all the day dive trips from Cairns and Port Douglas with itineraries and prices etc. . There are many dive operators doing day trips to the outer reef some go to huge activity pontoons where you can snorkel and dive, go in semi submersibles, glass bottom boats, helicopters etc. some go out to Islands or cays and some go to 2 or 3 outer reef sites where you can dive or snorkel.

Gidday Jonathon,

Born and breed Cairns lad here. Dont dive on Michaelmus....... boring and expensive.

I have that trip on my website www.scubadive.com.au under day trips

Consider the Quicksmart, Haba or Poseidon pages for the best diving which includes transfers to the great northern reefs.

Alternately TUSA dive do the best out of Cairns. Is it just you or do you you have non divers?

P.S Weather update for Cairns this week. Today 25 knots, tom,20 ,follow 10 and 10.

It makes a big big difference to your day

Looks Good Andrew - will PM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom