To those who said hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angelfish

Reaction score
....when I joined the board - thanks. And those who said they wanted to know how my next courses went... well passed my PADI MFA yesterday. Yippee! So Rescue diver is booked for a couple of weeks time (in a horrid lake somewhere near Heathrow!). Well just thought you would like to know.

Medic First Aid eh? Don't show your card at work, they'll nab you for a First-Aider! Just tell them unless the employee has nearly drowned, you won't be much help....

Where is this lake near Heathrow? Is it a club site? The reason I ask is driving down to the south coast to test and configure kit is a bit far. Although I know our American friends would drive 150 miles for a taco!! No offence people! =:0)

Angelfish,

Congrats on the MFA.

Out of interest, which shop are you using for the rescue course?

DiverDave

Thanks for the congrats guys... and nice to see some Brits posting - the time difference with our American cousins makes fluid conversation difficult! OceanSpirit - the lake is Wraysbury - a dive-centre lake thing, not private and apparently dive shops / accommodation on site. Will post more when I come back from it.... course is in 3 weeks time. Dave - the diveshop I am using is ScubaZone. I had heard good things, their prices are reasonable and they had a course running on days I could do it. Wrong side of London for me though but they have opened a shop on the New Kings Road which is closer (I live in South London). Why do you ask? I spoke to lots of diveshops before I chose..

I know Wraysbury. Cool, nice and close. Hope you like duck doo-doos! The bottom will be covered!

You're right about the time difference too. I keep an eye on the boards at work and have to wait for the replies 'til next day.

Angelfish,

The reason I asked is I am doing a Rescue course in Wraysbury in a few weeks and I wondered if it was the same course. Unfortunately its not!!

Great I will squelching my brand new boots and fins.... my tropics gear seemed a little optimistic for the UK! DiverDave - good luck on your course.... mine is the 28 29 April. Tell me how yours is if it is before mine - I want to know how much prep to do etc....... damn I sound keen!

Greetings from a "cousin" across the pond -- Canadian cousin that is, from Ottawa.

Angelfish, you will have so much fun with the Rescue course. So far it's the one I loved the most. You learn a great deal, and come out on the other side knowing you can make a difference. Out of curiosity what other courses have you taken?

Oceanspirit -- you make the diving sound so-o-o appealing. Duck do-do......

DivingGal,

There's a lake near me. It has ducks. It has geese. It has swans and moorhens. It's also full of doo-doo. Makes you appreciate the fact your bouyancy is up to scratch, I can tell you!

Amazing how a person can just mention that they are certified as a diver, and many of the converstaional barriers are removed.

Congrats on the MFA :) , I took that class last month, I have to log a few more dives before I'm eligable to sign up for rescue diver but an looking forward to it. (really its a way to kill time waiting for an instructor that I want to teach me.)

what is the average water temp there in the UK?? the dive I went on today was 65 F.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom