anyone been to dive and trek resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson:
hahaha pards u can ony dive so much, I've tried 5 before, bad decision. I felt so stiff the day after.

used to do 5 all the time the 1st 2 months i was certified. after that 4 then 3. well will see how it goes.

Spoon:
do you have the dive sites mapped? i wanna check them out. il be doing 4-5 dives and want to explore most of the area.

if you do your deep dive first say at 110ft. then that would be at the front of the resort, known as shark point. there (a long time ago) used to be some sharks there.

for this dive i normally take off from the south pier (pool area) swim to the perimeter pole, you may chance on the school of jacks on your way down.

from the drop off you head down toward north. at 110 you will see several boulders with a huge boulder at the middle (sharks point) , some takes the bottom side through the sand some goes over the boulder this would be at 90 to 80 ft.

after some time kidding around at this depth (by now your 8air 8pressure would be at 1,800 psi) you then 8proceed to 60 feet following closely the contour of the slope heading north. at 60ft you may reach cathedral(DT cathedral that is) a cement cross has been 8placed there, if youre lucky you may see pawikan there. now you may be at 700psi you head , toward the resort where you would see a slo8pe of sand at 40ft, this is now heading you to the safetystop and training area of DT. you are now 30meters away from the north pier. where you have to doge anchors away coming from bancas arriving. :)

you have now successfully navigated the entire stretch of DT deep dive.

an alternate deep8 dive would be at batcave. here you have to use a boat to bring you to the side of the dive site.

you need a DM guide here as it de8pends on what buoy/float you are tethered to.

you follow the steep slope of the reef down until you see a cross ontop of the rock this isbat cave. at 90ft and 95 ft there are openings to the cave, kuno

you stay around 5mins then head to north pier. on the way to north 8pier at 90ft sandy there is a groto.

for dive three shallow you may do north to south or south to north pier but go to a depth of 35 to 40ft. you will see a lot of giant clams. safety stop with the jacks

from there you now make variations of your dive to com8plete your unlimited diving at DT

paolov:
if you do your deep dive first say at 110ft. then that would be at the front of the resort, known as shark point. there (a long time ago) used to be some sharks there.

for this dive i normally take off from the south pier (pool area) swim to the perimeter pole, you may chance on the school of jacks on your way down.

from the drop off you head down toward north. at 110 you will see several boulders with a huge boulder at the middle (sharks point) , some takes the bottom side through the sand some goes over the boulder this would be at 90 to 80 ft.

after some time kidding around at this depth (by now your 8air 8pressure would be at 1,800 psi) you then 8proceed to 60 feet following closely the contour of the slope heading north. at 60ft you may reach cathedral(DT cathedral that is) a cement cross has been 8placed there, if youre lucky you may see pawikan there. now you may be at 700psi you head , toward the resort where you would see a slo8pe of sand at 40ft, this is now heading you to the safetystop and training area of DT. you are now 30meters away from the north pier. where you have to doge anchors away coming from bancas arriving. :)

you have now successfully navigated the entire stretch of DT deep dive.

an alternate deep8 dive would be at batcave. here you have to use a boat to bring you to the side of the dive site.

you need a DM guide here as it de8pends on what buoy/float you are tethered to.

you follow the steep slope of the reef down until you see a cross ontop of the rock this isbat cave. at 90ft and 95 ft there are openings to the cave, kuno

you stay around 5mins then head to north pier. on the way to north 8pier at 90ft sandy there is a groto.

for dive three shallow you may do north to south or south to north pier but go to a depth of 35 to 40ft. you will see a lot of giant clams. safety stop with the jacks

from there you now make variations of your dive to com8plete your unlimited diving at DT

thanks so much Paolo. i will not have the luxury of a dm. we will just be testing our cameras in front of the pier. i do remember going to the batcave and the cathedral cross before. there is sort of an opening where you can easily fit a diver. i wouldnt say a cave. more like a hole at 110 ft. this is where i narced the first time:) will certainly check it out again. also i always see turtles here and remember seeing a lot of giant clams. cant wait!

Spoon:
we will just be testing our cameras in front of the pier. i do remember going to the ba cant wait!

just testing your cameras!!!

you don't need to go any further than in front of the pier. i was very impressed about this place. will i make it back before new year? i truly hope so

swisstrav just dreaming

hello guys, am new here, me and my family is planning to go to dive and trek this sat (the booking advise us to leave manila at 5am) till sunday, 4 meals included, any suggestions? Actually, none of us dive, but heard the place is really cool for the kids to enjoy fish encounters,and of course the giant clams, what should we bring and what are the dos and dont's? Thanks for any suggestions.:05:

redlittleteapot:
hello guys, am new here, me and my family is planning to go to dive and trek this sat (the booking advise us to leave manila at 5am) till sunday, 4 meals included, any suggestions? Actually, none of us dive, but heard the place is really cool for the kids to enjoy fish encounters,and of course the giant clams, what should we bring and what are the dos and dont's? Thanks for any suggestions.:05:

ages of your children?

leave 4am to avoid traffic and rest upon reaching Dive n Trek

bring wetsuits or Rashguards that cover arms and legs or bring lots of SAFE SEA lotion to prevent stingers.....

bring CHIPS !!!! i always make it a point to have CHEETOS CRUNCHY

Giant Clams are at around 30ft that would be near the perimeter fence of the sanctuary

also i strongly suggest that if you intend to do some fish feeding bring some gloves for the kids (that fit them well) and protect them ears.... there are a lot of fishes there that once someone starts feeding them they all have to eat... and some of them fishes mistakes ears as food..... not really wound but it is kinda VERY SURPRISING FEELING !!!

have fun !!!

paolov:
ages of your children?

leave 4am to avoid traffic and rest upon reaching Dive n Trek

bring wetsuits or Rashguards that cover arms and legs or bring lots of SAFE SEA lotion to prevent stingers.....

bring CHIPS !!!! i always make it a point to have CHEETOS CRUNCHY

Giant Clams are at around 30ft that would be near the perimeter fence of the sanctuary

also i strongly suggest that if you intend to do some fish feeding bring some gloves for the kids (that fit them well) and protect them ears.... there are a lot of fishes there that once someone starts feeding them they all have to eat... and some of them fishes mistakes ears as food..... not really wound but it is kinda VERY SURPRISING FEELING !!!

have fun !!!

kids age are 13,10, uhh 5 (shhhh...i plan to register her as age 3 hahaha, if i can get out of it, FOC=free of charge:idea3:), i think the youngest have to stay ashore. Hmmm....i wonder how we can protect our ears

redlittleteapot:
kids age are 13,10, uhh 5 (shhhh...i plan to register her as age 3 hahaha, if i can get out of it, FOC=free of charge:idea3:), i think the youngest have to stay ashore. Hmmm....i wonder how we can protect our ears

you can either use a swim cap that covers their ears or a hood.

there is a float at DnT now so you guys can hang around that float. but as it goes THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE on the weekends.

i would be at the next resort (Portulano) by sunday and Monday. the resort with the yellow kayak (you can't miss this) and a speed boat infront of the resort just before dive and trek .

your 13 and 10 could do intro dives. how about you for an intro dive? hehehhehe

Formerly ALan the manager of DnT is now at Divers Sanctuary (resort across ligpo island)

Who is hte Current Resort Manager of DnT?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom