Wet suit isssues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigreddiver

Reaction score
I recently purchased a henderson hyperstretch wetsuit as in yesterday but it on and tryed it out in my pool (NO CHLORINE) a soft swim pool and the seams on the arm and leg fell apart what should i do and has anyone had this problem

bigreddiver:
Just bought a henderson hyperstretch 3mm and the first time i wore it the seams busted at the wrist and ankle what to do suit is one day old

Have it replaced by the dealer!
What else?!?

No kidding, take the darned thing back!! I dive with Hyperstretch suits (3mm and 5mm) and haven't ever had any problem with the workmanship. Sounds like you got a lemon.

bigreddiver:
Just bought a henderson hyperstretch 3mm and the first time i wore it the seams busted at the wrist and ankle what to do suit is one day old

Did this happen in use or during donning and doffing?

In any case you should not have this problem with a dealer fitted suit. Were you coached on propper donnong technique?

I am assuming that you are in a properly sized suit. There seems to be a tendency for stock hyper-stretch suits to be sold in cases where a custom suit is indicated. The result is a severely stressed suit. Im not saying this is so in your case however you should know the answer.

Pete

Henderson has always been a reputable company and made a very good product. I would think they would replace it with no hassles.

I guess the question is if you bought it at a dive shop or on-line, on-line seems to be more of a hassle when it comes to getting customer satisfaction. If you don't get satisfaction from who you bought it from, contact Henderson directly.

bigreddiver:
I recently purchased a henderson hyperstretch wetsuit as in yesterday but it on and tryed it out in my pool (NO CHLORINE) a soft swim pool and the seams on the arm and leg fell apart what should i do and has anyone had this problem

While I don't use this make of suit, I have buddies that do and they have not had these problems. Sounds like a defective suit.

For a better response to your question, try posting in the Exposure Suits section though rather than here.

Hope this helpful.

Grey_Wulff

Bring it back.

New Hendersons have fallen apart but rarely. You got a lemon so they should replace it for the price you paid for it.

spectrum:
I am assuming that you are in a properly sized suit. There seems to be a tendency for stock hyper-stretch suits to be sold in cases where a custom suit is indicated. The result is a severely stressed suit. Im not saying this is so in your case however you should know the answer.

Pete

Man, did you hit on something here, Pete!! I let a friend try on my 3mm Hyperstretch and the stress on the seams was more than apparent on the bottom half of my suit. The top fit well (she thought it was too big), but the bottom was clearly too small. Because she has a HUGE rear/hips/thighs, and cankles, I suggested she either have a custom suit made by Henderson since they'll do split sizes, or order a custom suit from Liquidfit.

About a month later she was telling me how she's going to buy a suit a size SMALLER than mine since mine seemed too big for her! :11: Apparently she went to a dive shop to try one on where they subscribe to the "it fits if you're blue" theory for wetsuits. Plus her boyfriend thought the tighter one was "sexier". :07:

You'd be proud...I didn't say a word.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom